This build has been archived as of 03:40, 22 February 2009 (UTC), for the following reasons:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category great before being archived.
This Assassin takes advantage of the new assassin skills introduced in the Eye of the North expansion. It uses a combo similar to that of the Shadow Prison Assassin but does not rely on a hex. Instead, it uses the Dervish elite Grenth's Grasp to keep the opponent crippled and fuel its attack chain. One of the most notable aspects of this build is the combo only has an 8 second recharge while still doing a lot of damage.
Attributes and Skills Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=assas/dervi dagger=11+1+1 critic=12+1 windpr=6 deadly=2+1][golden phoenix strike][trampling ox][falling spider][Blades of Steel][Impale][whirling charge][grenths grasp][resurrection signet][/build] </pvxbig>
- Approximately 35 energy.
- Icy Daggers of Fortitude with 15^ench or +5 Energy inscription
- A +5 energy Spear of Enchanting with a selection of Shields
- Zealous Daggers of Fortitude with a 15^ench or +5 energy Inscription
- Precast and re-apply Grenth's Grasp (if possible, switch to your spear beforehand to get the bonus from the enchanting mod).
- Find a target, activate Whirling Charge, and activate the combo as follows:
- Golden Phoenix Strike → Trampling Ox → Falling Spider → Blades of Steel → Impale
- If short on energy, find a target without blocking and autoattack with zealous daggers to quickly regain energy.
- Switch to Shield Set when not in combat to regain energy and have additional armor when being attacked.
- Because of the short recharge of the spike, it is possible to kill a target, camp the body and kill the target again after they resurrect their fallen ally. This causes them to waste a Resurrection Signet if that is what they used.
- It is possible to use Golden Phoenix Strike right away, auto attack another target, and a few seconds later finish the chain to create a surprise attack or just to wait for enchantments such as guardian to wear off. Keep in mind, you must hit with your next attack within 10 seconds or you will need to start the chain over again.
- Note: You don't need to have whirling up for the spike to kill, although it will be less effective. There is no reason to only spike every 20 seconds because of Whirling Charge or Impale.
- Twisting Fangs can replace Blades of Steel and Impale, allowing the use of another skill, such as a self-heal.
- Death's Charge can be used for a Shadow Step.
- Shadow Refuge or Feigned Neutrality for self healing.
- Replace Resurrection Signet with another skill, preferably a self-heal, in Alliance Battles.
Example video Edit
- Here you can find a video example of the A/D Grenth's Grasp Assasin (HD)