This build has been archived as of 17:10, 16 April 2007, for the following reasons:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category good before being archived.
This build is designed for high damage hit-and-run maneuvers, found especially in PvP aspects of the game. Similar to a Falling Shocker Assassin, this build is able to deal much higher DPS than its predecessor, as well as providing condition and hex removal through the use of two enchantments and the skill Contemplation of Purity. Sacrificing the near-guaranteed Knockdown and a slightly slower combo, this build does not have to deal with large amounts of Exhaustion, as well as gaining the benefits listed above. Plus, you would no longer have to deal with the awkward double-click removal of Aura of Displacement.
Attributes and Skills
<pvxbig> [build prof=assas/monk dagger=11+1+2 critic=11+2 shadow=8+1][golden phoenix strike][horns of the ox][falling spider][twisting fangs][aura of displacement][shadow refuge][contemplation of purity][dark escape][/build] </pvxbig>
- Any armor would do, but the ideal set would be the +Energy (Shrouded) armor set.
- Runes of Superior Vigor, Major Dagger Mastery, Major Critical Strikes, and Minor Shadow Arts.
- Zealous daggers are required for maximum Energy Gain.
- Target foe with Aura of Displacement.
- Follow up quickly with Golden Phoenix Strike.
- Use Horns of the Ox and Falling Spider to deal heavy amounts of damage to the enemy, as well as poisoning them.
- Twisting Fangs to deliver a quick Deep Wound spike, as well as apply even more degen.
- Instead of the Horns of the Ox and Falling Spider combination after Golden Phoenix Strike, you may choose to follow up immediately with Twisting Fangs for a faster Deep Wound spike.
- Shadow Refuge should be used as a self-heal. Use with +20% Enchantment daggers on switch for maximum effect.
- Use Contemplation of Purity to end Aura of Displacement or Shadow Refuge, if you are being affected by Hexes or Conditions.
- Dark Escape for countering kiters, or catching up to a moving target to make sure Falling Spider lands before the target recovers from the Horns of the Ox knockdown.
- Enchantment removal.
- Energy Denial
- Damage-on-hit hexes.
- Decreased attack speed hexes.
- Critical Eye can be switched for Critical Defenses or Sharpen Daggers
- Dark Escape may be switched for Critical Eye if you want extra Energy, or Dash for a different running skill.
- Resurrection Signet or any other resurrection skill available, can replace Dark Escape (recommended for Arenas usage).
- Shadow Refuge can be switched around for other skills such as Shroud of Distress, Heart of Shadow, or Viper's Defense.