This build has been archived as of December 23rd, 2006, for the following reasons:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category great before being archived.
This Assassin build is designed to do the highest DPS possible with several formidable combos that can take out nearly any character if its attacks all hit. It is intended toward's Hero's Ascent but can be a deadly ally in GvG, though a major liability as well.
Attributes and Skills
<pvxbig> [build prof=assas/warri dagger=12+1+3 critic=12+1][golden phoenix strike][horns of the ox][falling spider][twisting fangs][locusts fury][dash][frenzy][resurrection signet][/build] </pvxbig>
- Shrouded Armor for the larger energy pool. Best possible vigor rune.
- Zealous Daggers of Fortitude (Everthorn's Chakrams would be the ideal green daggers).
- Your killing combo is Golden Phoenix Strike, Horns of the Ox, Falling Spider, and then Twisting Fangs. This combo has been known to kill even if the target was infused by the opposing infuser.
- If you see a low health target Golden Phoenix Strike + Twisting Fangs for a quick and effective finish.
- Frenzy is to be used with discretion, as axe warriors have been known to kill this build in one hit with Eviscerate if the assassin was in Frenzy.
- Cancel Frenzy if you take any damage at all (wand hits can do up to 40 damage on you if you're in Frenzy) with Dash.
- If you see an opposing warrior use Frenzy, quickly turn on him and use Golden Phoenix Strike followed by Twisting Fangs, as he is an unlikely target for protective spells.
- Aegis, Guardian, Ward Against Melee and other anti-melee skills are effective against this build, even more so than usual because of the build's dependancy on chaining its attacks.
- A very basic counter is to just keep a little pressure on the assassin so he isn't tempted to use Frenzy.
- Protective Spirit severely reduces the damage this build does, as Golden Phoenix Strike and Falling Spider both do nearly 90 damage.
- "Coward!" instead of Locust's Fury.
- Rush instead of Dash.
- Instead of the first two attack skills listed, try Leaping Mantis Sting and Jungle Strike (note this only works with "Coward!" as your elite.)
- Instead of Dash, use Defensive Stance. This will cancel Frenzy, reduce damage taken, and can be equipped using only one, two, or three points in tactics.
- Also instead of using frenzy Burst of Aggression could be used but it will have a shorter duration as it's in the strength line.
- This build can be very good as an off-target spiker. Simply spike someone else while the rest of your team spike the main target.
- Watch out for players with defensive buffs that allow them to evade or block attacks, as this can waste your time and energy. If you can't succesfully make chain attacks, find another victim or have someone from your party debuff.