This build has been archived as of May 14, 2007, for the following reason:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category great before being archived.
This build combines the destructive Spiking and Knockdown abilities of an Air Spiker with the speed boosts and healing from the Assassin's Shadow Arts skills. This creates an build that is able to take out soft or wounded targets from range while being able to instantly teleport away if the battle is tipped to the opposing team's favor.
Attributes and skills
<pvxbig> [build prof=eleme/assas airmag=12+1+1 energy=10+1 shadow=8 deadly=2][mind shock][lightning orb][lightning strike][blinding flash][air attunement][shadow of haste][deadly paradox][feigned neutrality][/build] </pvxbig>
- Any max AL Elementalist armor can be used with this build.
- Runes of Minor or Superior Air Magic, Minor Energy Storage, Superior Vigor.
- Any weapon set with Air Magic or Energy Storage requirements can work with this build, although it is preferred that you take a set with +15 Energy and -1 Energy Regeneration set, and a regular set for regeneration in-between fights.
- For group targets, use Mind Shock to deliver a deadly spike and knockdown combination on your target.
- Lightning Orb and Lightning Strike are your primary spiking skills, as they do not cause exhaustion or have a lengthened recharge like Mind Shock.
- Blind your enemies with Blinding Flash.
- Use Shadow of Haste as your primary speed boost. This is excellent for Flag Running or escaping opponents, but be sure to take note of where this skill was activated.
- Use Deadly Paradox to cancel Shadow of Haste.
- Use Deadly Paradox followed by Feigned Neutrality for defense.
- One excellent tactic to use is to run into range of the enemy to deliver your spike under Shadow of Haste, then cancel it with Deadly Paradox to teleport back, for a safe attack.
- Hexes and interrupts.
- Hexes that deal damage-on-casting can be devastating if not handled correctly.
- Arc Lightning can be useful if you dislike the long casting time of Lightning Orb.
- Glyph of Lesser Energy can be used as additional energy management.
- Dash can be considered instead of Shadow of Haste and Deadly Paradox due to the change in how Shadow of Haste works. This also frees open another skill slot for one the skills mentioned above or a completely different skill that suits your playing style.
- Build:E/A Blinding Surge Spiker: a more defensive variation.