This build has been archived as of 12:45, 10 March 2008 (EDT), for the following reasons:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category good before being archived.
This build focuses on the usage of different Ward Spells to provide an Area-of-effect protection support for party members. Other skills from the Elementalist's Earth Magic line are used to provide constant Area-of-effect damage. That results in an extremely efficient party support caster, as well as a damage dealer in PvE areas.
Attributes and Skills
<pvxbig> [build prof=eleme/any earthm=12+1+3 energy=12+1][Ash Blast][Unsteady Ground][Earthquake][Glyph of Lesser Energy][Ward Against Elements][Ward Against Melee][Earth Attunement][Resurrection Signet][/build] </pvxbig>
- Runes of Superior Earth Magic, Superior Vigor, Minor Energy Storage.
- Any armor can be used, providing it has max AL.
- Any weapon-offhand combo can be used, although ones that decrease recharge time and casting time are preferred.
- Earthquake synergizes well with Ash Blast, to provide both damage, a Knockdown, and Blinding.
- Use Glyph of Lesser Energy to lower the cost of your next two skills.
- Ward Against Elements should be used when your party is susceptible to taking Elemental Damage.
- Activate Ward Against Melee when party members are taking Melee damage.
- Maintain Earth Attunement for energy management.
- Revive fallen party members with Resurrection Signet.
- Backfire is a threat to all casters, this one is no exception.
- Being Dazed is another major threat.
- Use Aura of Restoration as a cover enchantment for Earth Attunement, as well as source of self-healing.
- Ward Against Elements and Ward Against Melee can be switched for other types of wards, such as Ward Against Foes and Ward of Stability. It is always best to know what your party is going into to optimize your selection of wards.
- Ash Blast and Earthquake, although your main damage skills, can be replaced by other damaging skills, such as Eruption, Stone Daggers, or even Ebon Hawk. Note that you will be losing a Knockdown that also deals high damage, along with a blinding spell.
- If using Monk, Ritualist, or Paragon secondary, you can replace Resurrection Signet with a hard res such as Rebirth, Flesh of My Flesh, or Signet of Return.