This build has been archived as of 20:13, 4 March 2008 (EST), for the following reasons:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category good before being archived.
This is a mesmer/necro build taking advantage of two skills, Recurring Insecurity and Soul Barbs. The reason for mesmer primary is for fast-casting to spam hexes faster, instead of running necromancer primary. The use of this build is to spam numerous hexes on the target to trigger the damage from Soul Barbs, which also triggers the reapplication of Recurring Insecurity to double the damage. This build is primarily designed for any type of PvP.
This is a highly offensive build that can take any enemy down quickly.
Attributes and Skills
<pvxbig> [build prof=mesme/necro fastca=8+1 illusi=8+1+3 inspir=7+1 curses=12][soul barbs][recurring insecurity][parasitic bond][optional][optional][drain enchantment][inspired hex][resurrection signet][/build] </pvxbig>
- Use any hex that costs low energy and fast recharge. For example, Images of Remorse or Wastrel's Worry.
- Curse wand and focus with 20% cast and recharge.
- Illusion wand and focus with 20% cast and recharge.
- Enchanter's Armor preferred. (Radiant Insignia)
- Always put Soul Barbs first, Recurring Insecurity second, and then spam all your other hexes like there's no tomorrow.
- Use Drain Enchantment and Inspired Hex if low on energy.
- Parasitic Bond is a great hex to spam, fast recharge and low energy cost. It also heals you when enemy dies. Cast it on everyone.
- Optionally, you may want to sacrifice points from Fast Casting for:
- For competitive missions or alliance battles, Resurrection Signet could be replaced with another hex or another energy management skill, such as Revealed Hex or Inspired Enchantment.
- Plague Touch is another possibility, for countering conditions.
- Wastrel's Worry a quick casting Mesmer hex that deals additional damage, providing your target does not use a skill to cancel it.
- Energy Tap or Channeling for greater Energy management, or replacing Drain Enchantment or Inspired Hex in areas like Fort Aspenwood, where there are not as many Hexes being used.
- Images of Remorse is a good spell to add to an optional slot.
- Accumulated Pain is also a good spell to add to an option slot. It helps taking down enemies quicker, and makes it harder for enemies to heal that foe, because of the Deep Wound caused by it.
- Spirit of Failure increases survivability and helps with energy management.
- Conjure Phantasm for heightened degeneration levels.
- Faintheartedness with 1 cast and a combination of degeneration/slow attack in another good hex option.
- Consider Ether Feast and/or Illusion of Weakness to make yourself a little more resistant.
- Only focus on one target at a time.
- Careful to not run out of energy.
- This build would work a lot better if your team consists of a group of hex spammers.
- This is a high offense build, having a monk on your team would be crucial.