This build has been archived as of 08:34, 12 February 2009 (EST), for the following reason:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category great before being archived.
A Monk designed for Arena and split play.
Attributes and Skills
<pvxbig> [build prof=Mo/A heal=12+1+1 prot=10+1 divine=8+1 shad=2][WoH][Draw Conditions][Mending touch][Guardian][patient spirit][spirit bond][Holy veil][return][/build] </pvxbig>
- Survivor Insignia
- Superior Vigor and Recovery Runes
- Negative energy/defensive set;
- Crippling Spear(/sword) of Fortitude, with a +15% damage, -5 energy inscription ("Brawn over Brains")
- 8 Shields, each with a different +10 armor bonus (Fire, Lightning, Cold, Earth, Slashing, Piercing, Blunt and one with reduce cripple inscription for Burning Isle/The Crag matches)
- Casting/defensive set;
- Crippling Spear(/sword) of Fortitude, with a +5 energy inscription ("I Have the Power!")
- Same shields
- Mid set;
- 20/20 HCT/HSR Protection Prayers wand/offhand
- High set;
- +15e/-1 Wand/Offhand
- Use Word of Healing as your primary healing skill. It becomes very useful on allies below 50% health.
- Use Draw Conditions and Holy Veil to remove hexes and conditions as they come.
- Pre-Veil if you see a dangerous player such as an Augury Spiker or Shadow Prison Assassin.
- Use Spirit Bond to counter heavy-hitting foes.
- Use Return to escape from meleers, or to snare a pesky kiter.
- Use Patient Spirit as a secondary heal or if your WoH is interrupted.
- Use Guardian on allies getting physically attacked.
- Standard anti-caster stuff (Daze, various mesmer hexes etc.)
- Protective Spirit instead of Spirit Bond.
- Vigorous Spirit for TA.
- Mend Condition instead of Draw Conditions.
- Use just a single condi removal spell (often Dismiss Condition ), to make room for Dark Escape or Shield of Absorption or Signet of Rejuvenation.
- Various skills can be substituted for Holy Veil and/or Return, depending on what is expected to be needed the most.