The PvXwiki community finds this to be an excellent build.
If you disagree with this rating, please discuss it on the build's talk page.
This build has been designed for the following use:
| This build is part of the current PvP meta. |
Remove this tag if it no longer exists in the current PvP metagame.
Attributes and Skills
<pvxbig> [build prof=Monk/x HealingPrayers=12+1+1 ProtectionPrayers=7+1 DivineFavor=8+1][Word of Healing][Patient Spirit][Guardian][Dismiss Condition][Cure Hex][Holy Veil][Optional][optional][/build] </pvxbig>
- Shield Bash: Better against Sins and an easy defense option, but isn't that great against constant amounts of physical pressure.
- Shield Stance: A good, well rounded defense skill for long amounts of blocking. However, the movement reduction can hurt.
- Balanced Stance: Very useful anti knockdown and anti critical.
- Disciplined Stance: Provides blocking as well as armor, which also helps against unblockable attacks and spells.
- Bonetti's Defense: Energy management as well as 5 seconds of blocking that doesn't require extra attrbute spread.
- Dolyak Signet: For a great anti-kd without any cost and +10 armor, but the movement reduction can hurt.
- Return: to shadowstep to allies and avoid melee.
- Dark Escape: for a great anti-spike as well as IMS.
- Armor of Sanctity: For quick panic button that prots and provides AoE weakness.
- Conviction: For use with Armor of Sanctity for a substantial armor boost.
- Survivor's Insignias, with Runes of Vitae/Vigor
- A high set (a wand and focus with two 15/-1 mods).
- A 40/20% Protection staff.
- A 40/40 Heal Set.
- A spear with +5 energy, +30 hp and a +10 vs x shields.
- Preveil necessary targets (yourself, frontliners, etc)
- Heal with Word of Healing and Patient Spirit
- Use Guardian and Dismiss Condition as necessary
- When under pressure, use your secondary skills to protect yourself eg:
- Shield Bash vs assassin chains.
- Shield Stance or Disciplined Stance vs melee to get Guardian up easily.
- Balanced Stance vs attackers with KD (Assassins and Hammer Warriors mostly).
- Dark Escape vs anything to reduce damage.
- Return vs any melee to snare them and get away.
- Standard anti-caster counters
- Anti-block skills, like Wild Blow and Rigor Mortis
- Shield of Absorption for a small prot.
- Protective Spirit or Spirit Bond for a hard prot.
- Signet of Rejuvenation provides a nice free heal that works well against pressure.
- Vigorous Spirit for excellent anti-pressure and a cover enchantment for Holy Veil.
- Sprint in AB
- Feigned Neutrality: powerful spike repellant and minor self-heal.
- Augury of Death: Can assist hugely to a teams damage output especially if you have no physicals.
- Kinetic Armor: huge armor boost that can be easily maintained, but which is weak to enchantment removal.
- Glyph of Lesser Energy: if often paired with Kinetic Armor for energy management.
- Shield of Force: powerful anti-spike pre-prot - not as useful as Shield Bash, but recharges faster.
- Vow of Piety: a useful stance that can be easily maintained.