This build has been archived as of 14:26, 31 January 2009 (EST), for the following reasons:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category Other before being archived.
The Ebon Dust Arrow ranger uses the skills Ebon Dust Aura and Apply Poison to blind and poison with every attack skill used, and can efficiently blind and poison a full team - keeping monks occupied with condition removal and dramatically hindering physical attack characters. Furthermore, it carries interrupts to shut down key spells on the opposing team. The ability to shut down spikes with powerful, covered blinds, as well as to shut down key defensive skills such as ward against melee, make this a very versatile shutdown character.
Attributes and Skills
<pvxbig> [build prof=range/dervi expert=11+1+1 wilder=9+1 marksm=8+1 earthp=8][called shot][distracting shot][Hunter's Shot][natural stride][apply poison][ebon dust aura][troll unguent][resurrection signet][/build] </pvxbig>
- Ebon Recurve Bow of of Fortitude and the equivalent Short Bows and longbows.
- shield and spear sets, with fortitude mods.
- a staff or martial weapon with an enchanting mod, for putting up ebon dust aura.
- Survivor insignias
- Just before entering battle, use Ebon Dust Aura and Apply Poison.
- Use Called Shot to shutdown Physical characters.
- Use Hunter's Shot to spread pressure and as a second way to cause blindness frequently.
- When able, spread poison with auto attacks.
- Watch for opportunities to interrupt valuable skills with Distracting Shot.
- Use Natural Stride to stop spikes on yourself, as a run boost, or to protect
skills like apply poison or troll unguent from physical interrupts.
- Troll Unguent serves as your self heal.
- Antidote Signet can be useful to keep blind off yourself.
- Enchantment removal.
- Restore Condition, Mending Touch, Draw Conditions etc, though even these will usually still land too late for the spike.
- Blind and hexes that cause you to miss. Running this build means your melee shutdown can be shut down by melee shutdown.
- The Poison covers the Blind.