The PvXwiki community finds this to be an excellent build.
If you disagree with this rating, please discuss it on the build's talk page.
This build has been designed for the following use:
Attributes and Skills
<pvxbig> [build prof=R/D exp=11+1 mar=10+1+1 earthp=10][Ebon Dust Aura][Volley][Distracting Shot][Savage Shot][Called Shot][Sloth Hunter's Shot][Lightning Reflexes][Resurrection Signet][/build] </pvxbig>
- An Ebon Bow of Enchanting is best while casting EDA. A maximum damage 15^50 Ebon Bow of Fortitude is best at all other times.
- Maximum health armor (ideally: Superior Vigor Rune, Survivor Insignia, and as many Vitae Runes as possible).
Always stay at range and away from Mesmers, enchantment removal is the worst thing that can happen to this build. Use a cover enchantment after EDA in areas where enchantment removal is unavoidable (see variants section below for suggestions).
- Both Point Blank Shot and its duplicate Zojun's Shot for more damage to targets at close range
- Keen Arrow is particularly effective when there is an increased chance of a critical hit (such with higher Marksmanship or when a teammate uses "Go for the Eyes!")
- Aura of Thorns to cripple multiple foes
- Vital Boon to trick the AI into attacking lower health targets
- Signet of Infection with Screaming Shot to cause bleeding and disease.
- Sunspear Rebirth Signet in place of Resurrection Signet.
- Dust Cloak works as a cover enchant, and converts damage to earth if you lack an ebon bowstring.
- Crossfire instead of Called Shot.
Practically any Stance skill can also be used. Conviction takes advantage of the investment in Earth Prayers to give +24 armor while EDA is active, which can be continuously.
- Avoid skills with high energy costs since it is particularly important to avoid running out of energy when using this build.
- Attributes can be adjusted, but be mindful of breakpoints. Earth Prayers 6 (or higher) allows for EDA to be maintained effectively (due to the enchanting +20% mod; when using another mod such as fortitude, 8 or higher is required).
- Ebon Dust Aura can be used to blind foes that cannot be targeted by spells (for example, those under the effects of Vow of Silence or Spell Breaker). These foes cannot be targeted by spells that cause blindness (such as Blinding Surge).
- Enchantment removal
- Mobs unaffected by blindness
- Energy denial severe enough to prevent the use of the attack skills (which makes EDA useless as well).
- Note: Heroes do not use Elite Skill Ebon Dust Aura, thus you will have to micro-manage heroes usage of spell.