The PvXwiki community finds this to be a good build.
If you disagree with this rating, please discuss it on the build's talk page.
This build has been designed for the following use:
Attributes and Skills
- Offensive Variant:
<pvxbig> [build prof=range/ritua expert=10+1+3 commun=12 restor=8][oath shot][whirling defense][displacement][union][shadowsong][dissonance][generous was tsungrai][optional][/build] </pvxbig>
- Offensvie Variant 2:
<pvxbig> [build prof=range/ritua expert=6+1+3 commun=11 channel=12}][bloodsong][pain][vampirism][agony][oath shot][painful bond][summon spirits][essence strike][/build] </pvxbig>
- Defensive Variant :
<pvxbig> [build prof=range/ritua expert=12+1+3 commun=10 restor=8][oath shot][whirling defense][displacement][recovery][union][shelter][generous was tsungrai][optional][/build] </pvxbig>
- Weapons - Recurve Bow with +5 energy (from Nuwisha, or inscribable with "I Have The Power!" inscription) and Fortitude mod.
- Survivor and Vitae Runes.
- Offensive Variant 2 - Full Radiant and Attunment Armor with Superior Expertise Mask, +20 Energy Staff and Longbow of any kind.
- Use Whirling Defense while under attack or at risk of Ranger Interrupts.
- Keep Generous Was Tsungrai up, as opposed to using it when necessary, as it has a relatively low cost and the main limit on its healing comes from recharge, not energy.
- Use these skills preferably before oath shot if they have recharged to achieve full benefit.
- Against spell based group, set up dissonance first, whereas against melee groups, use shadow song. These spirits will reduce the damage done to your builds, as well as potentially devastating area of effect spells on spirits.
- Set up spirits spread out, as opposed to on the same spot, or else AoE spells or Dervishes (especially with Banishing Strike) would make short work of them.
- In some situations, use spirits to body block for effect. Set up dissonance offensively near monks if your group needs offense, at the back defensively if you need help against assassins or melee.
- Offensive Variant 2: Cast Spirits with your +20 Energy Staff equiped in this order, Bloodsong, Pain, Vampirism then Agony. Upon Agro, cast Summon Spirits to heal & shadow step all spirits to your current location. Cast Agony a second time then immediately switch to a Longbow, cast Oath Shot, switch back to your +20 Energy Staff then cast Agony again, keeping up a constant -9 health degen per second on each enemy withing spirit range.
- Cast Essence Strike when energy gets low and Painful Bond as desired.
- Anti-spirits or summoned creature skills such as Banishing Strike.
- Armor dependent damage spells, especially AoE ones.
- Blocking or Dodging Oath Shot, or Blinding you while it is being activated.
- Pain does not benefit as much from Oath Shot, but is a nice addition if more damage is needed, and it would also help the energy management of the build.
- Dulled Weapon is good for countering assassins when your defensive stance is not up