This build has been archived as of 05:49, November 14, 2009 (UTC), for the following reason:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category Great before being archived.
- This build is specified to clear bigger parts of the Underworld.
- It's much like the standard Famine/55 build but easier and less stressful for the tank.
- It also gives you the opportunity to duofarm more then just the Aatxes and the Smite Crawlers.
- There were too many changes to add it to the variants so I started a new article.
- Compared with the regular 55/Famine team build this is more relaxed.
- This build makes Fighting Obsidian Behemoths, Terrorweb Dryders and Coldfire Nights Possible.
- It's handy if you want to clear more of The Underworld than just the Crawlers.
- The idea of using a Mesmer as tank is the advantage of Fast Casting so you can cast between the Maelstroms and Meteor Showers.
Attributes and Skills
<pvxbig> [build name="55 iw/famine team - tanking mesmer" prof=mesme/monk fastca=6+3 illusi=12+3+1 healin=7 protec=9][protective spirit][healing breeze][illusionary weaponry][power return][optional][ancestors visage][sympathetic visage][balthazars spirit][/build] </pvxbig>
- Optional Skill is Images of Remorse. Good to take out the Coldfire Nights.
- Another option is Persistence of Memory to counter the interrupts.
- Another option is Shield of Absorption if you plan to tank a lot of mobs at once!
- Any Armorset with Superior Runes to take your HP down to 105.
- An extra (unruned) armorset to puzzle with. If you die two or three times in a row, you'll have insufficient hp to go on. That's why you might need to take another piece of armor.
- A melee weapon with +5 energy bonus and an enchantment mod. e.g. Totem Axe
- A wand to wand Dying Nightmares to death.
- The -50HP Cesta.
- Before engaging into combat cast Prot Spirit and Sympathetic Visage.
- If fighting Coldfire Nights or Obsidian Behemoths, cast Illusionary Weaponry.
- When a Dying Nightmare pops up. Use Power Return if it casts Rend Enchantments and kill it with your wand.
- When fighting a lot of mobs at once use Healing Breeze.
Attributes and Skills
<pvxbig> [build name="55 iw/famine team - bond monk" prof=monk/range healin=9+3+1 wilder=12 marksm=9][watchful spirit][mending][essence bond][succor][resurrection chant][rebirth][choking gas][famine][/build] </pvxbig>
- Any monk armor. Radiant Insignia Preferred.
- A Longbow. Preferred Req. 8 so you can change Healing Prayers to 10.
- When entering UW, cast Mending, Succor, Watchful Spirit and Essence Bond on the tank.
- From the moment the tank engages into combat, stay in a safe zone.
- Use Famine. Put it at 66% of radar distance from the tank. If you put it too close, the mobs will attack it when they scatter. If you put it too far, it won't work at all.
- When meeting Coldfire Nights, Terrorweb Dryders or Obsidian Behemoths, use Savage Shot/Choking Gas to interrupt respectively Maelstrom, Meteor Shower or Healing Spring.
- For the rest. Have a glass of whiskey on the rocks.
- Dying Nightmares (if more than two).
- Monk Death.
- This is Do-able with a Hero Monk. Suggest Disabling all skills and placing in passive mode, also swap out the interrupt - perhaps hex or condition removal.
- In the time using this build I have never needed to swap my armor, but I have needed to swap out the -50 Cesta, I take The Rockmolder to replace it.