The PvXwiki community finds this to be an excellent build.
If you disagree with this rating, please discuss it on the build's talk page.
This build has been designed for the following use:
The Lutgardis FFF (Fast Faction Farming) team is a build designed to perform the quest Securing Echovald Forest in Melandru's Hope as rapidly as possible for the purposes of faction farming. The quest offers 400 Kurzick Faction as a reward. This is currently the fastest known way of amassing Kurzick Faction. This run starts from Lutgardis Conservatory.
Players usually want to solo this with heroes/henchies to avoid teaming with inexperienced FFF farmers or having to wait to assemble human teams. Soloing FFF with heroes/henchies is actually the preferred method of faction farming for seasoned players. Efficient solo FFF farmers will take about 70 seconds to complete a run as described below. Cycle time is about 85 seconds (the time it takes to make the run, collect the reward, zone out, and zone back in). This means that 10k Faction (25 runs) would take about 35 minutes.
This team build is significantly different from the regular Lutgardis FFF team build such that this build page is necessary. Players with experience running Lutgardis FFF with regular players will fare better in learning this build than those who have never done Lutgardis FFF before, because of general exposure. It is recommended that players try running Lutgardis FFF with regular human teams a few times before trying this cold turkey.
This build can be a little frustrating to master in the beginning, but if you stick with it, you'll never want to FFF with real players again!
The concept of the build is to perform the quest with heroes and henchies rather than people. You must have them perform the quest before taking it from Scoutmaster Arne. The quest requires players to go near four way points in Melandru's Hope. However, taking it will cause Luxon raiding parties to spawn out of nowhere near those four way points (so don't take the quest until all the runners are finished!). If players touch these way points then speak to Scoutmaster Arne, then the quest will be immediately updated as being done and you can get the reward.
Since this build is done with heroes and henchies by setting flags on the Mission Map (NOT mini map), you, the only human player, will not be running at all. You will have to place the hero/henchie flags on locations that correspond to locations in Arne's Quest and send them off to do the dirty work for you. There is no need to kill yourself (sac) for this build. When it is complete, talk to Arne, get your reward, and zone back to Lutgardis.
This build requires 5 hero and henchie runners:
- Bridge runners: Lukas and Devona (henchies)
- Mushrooms runner: Zenmai/Anton (hero)
- Stairs runner: Margrid/Pyre Fierceshot (hero)
- Shore runner: Jin/Pyre Fireceshot (hero)
- Door man: You.
The best combinations for running are Assassin/Ranger and Ranger/Assassin heroes (Zenmai, Jin, and Margrid). Koss and Goren work well also, but are 3-5 seconds slower. While the runs can be performed by any profession combination in a variety of ways, the A/R and R/A heroes are optimal.
Note: None of the builds require assassain "teleportation skills". These are pure run builds.
Devona and Lukas - Bridge
You can't set their skills. That's why you send them both to the bridge. Frequently one will die on the way to the bridge, but rarely will both die. Don't even try to send them on any other route. They are strictly bridge folk!
Zenmai - Mushrooms
<pvxbig> [build name="Lutgardis FFF - Mushroom Runner - Zenmai/Anton" prof=assas/range shadow=12+1+3 wilder=12] [dash] [dodge] [Zojun's Haste] [Natural Stride] [shadow form] [optional] [/build] </pvxbig>
Margrid - Stairs
<pvxbig> [build name="Lutgardis FFF - Stairs Runner - Margrid/Pierce" prof=range/assas expert=12+1+3 shadow=12] [dash] [dodge] [zojuns haste] [shadow form] [optional] [/build] </pvxbig>
Jin - Shore
<pvxbig> [build name="Lutgardis FFF - Shore Runner - Jin/Pierce" prof=range/assas expert=12+1+3 shadow=12] [dash] [dodge] [zojuns haste] [shadow form] [optional] [/build] </pvxbig>
- No special weapon sets or armor are needed for heroes, since they lose aggro quickly when running and take minimal damage.
- Heroes should be level 20.
Running the Routes
Because succeeding at this quest takes some multitasking, it is advisable to practice by running each of the heroes individually, rather than trying to learn them all at once. Start with the bridge first (easiest). Then learn mushrooms or shore, and finally stairs (hardest). After practicing a run, take the quest from Arne and see if the location the hero ran to is crossed out in the quest log. If it is, you hit it. Zone and start over again to reset and continue practicing. Once you can run each hero individually to locations, only then should you try to do them all at once.
You will use the Mission Map extensively for flagging locations (NOT the Mini Map thing that looks like a compass). The mission map should be enlarged to about full screen height and about half the screen width, since you will spend most of you time looking at it and not your surroundings. See the figure for an example screen setup. The mission map will also need to be zoomed to maximum so you can place the flags accurately. The mission map is zoomed with the mouse scroll button. You can also move the Mission Map location by dragging on it.
Entering Melandru's Hope
When you enter Melandrus Hope, don't waste any time. Open your Mission map and start placing flags on it as described below. Also, don't move your character when you enter. If you move your character too much, Devona will go beserk and hit charge and throw the timing off. The same goes if you take friends in with you to watch you solo. They must not move after entering!
1. You are in Melandru's Hope and have now got your Mission Map up. First send Margrid (stairs) and Jin (shore) on their way.
- Flag Margrid to the Flag Point 2 shown in the first figure. (This is the first of two flags that you will have to set for Margrid.)
- Flag Jin to the Shore Flag Point 3 as shown in the first figure.
- Click Margrid's Shadow Form.
- Click Jin's Shadow Form.
- Click Margrid's Dodge.
- Click Jin's Dodge.
2. Send Zenmai (mushrooms) on her way.
- Flag Zenmai to the Flag Point 1 as shown in the first figure.
- Click Zenmai's Shadow Form.
- Click Zenmai's Natural Stride.
3. Return to Margrid and Jin. Their Dodge will be running out or will have run out, so...
- Click Margrid's Zojun's Haste.
- Click Jin's Zojun's Haste.
4. Send the two henchies (bridge) on their way.
- Flag Henchies to the Bridge Group Flag Point as shown in the first figure.
5. Return to Zenmai
- Click Zenmai's Zojun's Haste.
6. Return to Margrid. Her Shadow Form will be running out or will have run out, which is about the same time that she makes it to her first spot (Flag Pont 2). Now, carefully set Margrid's flag to her second spot (Flag Point 2) shown in the second figure.
7. After setting Margrid's flag the second time, continue rotating through each of the heros speed stances at will for about 20 seconds while they finish running, then take the quest from Arne. If you have been successful, the quest will be over. If you've missed a spot, check the Quest Log to see which spot you missed.
Once you have successfully set all the heroes' Shadow Form spells, they rarely get killed, provided they've been flagged correctly. It's pretty much just spamming running stances after Step 2 above.
The Stairs Notes
Getting Margrid to the stairs is the toughest run to flag and the longest run. The chasm just before to the stairs is narrow, and she will get stuck if not flagged properly. To get Margrid to the stairs, you must flag her twice - once at the beginning of the run at the start of the chasm and a second time at the final stair location. See figures for locations. When Margrid's Shadow Form has run out and her health has dropped, it is safe to place the second flag. You will not be able to get Margrid to the stairs with a single flagging, so don't even try.
- If you take the quest too soon from Arne, you can jeopardize the run; mainly the bridge, the mushrooms and the stairs.
- Practice beforehand with henchies/heroes by mastering the runs one at a time.
- None of the builds require assassin "teleportation skills". These are pure run builds.
- You can zoom the Mission Map with the scroll mouse button to help in placing flags.
- All of the runs rarely fail if flagged correctly and skills are initiated in a timely manner.
- Skilled players can correct a failed Margrid (stairs) run with Jin after she hits Shore and visa versa.
- Having the Charting the Forests quest active while doing this is helpful-after its second status update appears in the chat box, the heroes are usually close to done.
- For better efficiency, the F1,F2,F3 and F4 keys can be assigned to Command hero "X" and Command Group via command options (F11)