This build has been archived as of 21:35, 23 October 2007 (CEST), for the following reason:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category Good before being archived.
This Paladin is designed for fast-pace PvE action and combines both high damage and powerful self-healing. In opposition to common Mending builds it is very economical concerning Energy. It has little to no downtime between fights and can also increase the self-healing of team mates. Both builds require Prophecies and the axe build requires Factions unless the Eviscerate variant is used (see Variations).
Attributes and Skills
Setup for Sword
<pvxbig> [build name='full vigor paladin' prof=warri/monk swords=12+1+1 healin=10 streng=8+1][sever artery][gash][galrath slash][final thrust][hundred blades][sprint][vigorous spirit][Resurrection Chant][/build] </pvxbig>
Alternate setup for Axe
<pvxbig> [build name='axe full vigor paladin' prof=warri/monk axemas=12+1+1 healin=10 streng=8+1][triple chop][cyclone axe][penetrating blow][executioners strike][dismember][sprint][vigorous spirit][Resurrection Chant][/build] </pvxbig>
- Choose either a furious weapon haft for faster Adrenaline generation or a vampiric weapon haft to increase the inflicted damage. For the Axe version, a zealous mod is necessary to spam Cyclone Axe and Triple Chop. A Zealous mod for sword is also advisable if you think of taking Life Vicariously instead of Sprint, since it reduces your energy regeneration if you maintain it during a long fight.
- Choose the best while enchanted gear available.
- Wing's Axe or Sskai's Sword with an Exalted Aegis) (Strength) are good weapon sets to use.
- Cast Vigorous Spirit on yourself (and team mates with high casting/attack rate) right before your party engages the enemy.
- After casting Vigorous Spirit simply use each Skill when it becomes charged. Always be sure to use Sever Artery before using Gash. You should chain these skills.
- Mobs which shatter enchantments temporarily disable the self-healing, but are no serious hindrance.
- Blindness and evasion skills do not disable the effects of Vigorous Spirit.
- This build is unsuitable for use in areas where many enemies are immune to bleeding.
- You could use Whirlwind Attack if you are in NF.
- Take Rebirth instead of Resurrection Chant (for difficult areas).
- If you do not trust your healers, take Healing Hands instead of your chosen Elite Skill.
- Exchange Triple Chop for Eviscerate and Dismember for Penetrating Blow for more focused damage.
- Swap Penetrating Chop for Axe Rake to stop enemy healers from running or Axe Twist to weaken enemy Warriors, etc.
- Taking Live Vicariously instead of a damage skill nearly doubles your self-healing.
- If you find yourself short on Adrenaline all the time, swap Rush for Sprint and vice versa for Energy.
- Take Shield of Absorption instead of your running skill when expecting to encounter large mobs to take some more pressure off your healer(s).
- If you want to save your adrenaline, use Sun and Moon Slash instead of Final Thrust, if you are using a sword. It also gives more chances for Vigorous Spirit to heal you.
- Any skills that provide IAS, such as Flurry, Frenzy, Berserker Stance..., will bring you more benefit from Vigorous Spirit. If you choose Frenzy, use Sprint (or Rush) to cancel it when you are under attack.