This build has been archived as of 00:26, 5 August 2009 (UTC), for the following reasons:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category Good before being archived.
The Backbreaker warrior uses the powerful knockdown skill Backbreaker to disable opponents for long periods of time, either to allow other melee characters to better be able to spike it or to disable a monk to prevent them from saving another character. As such, it works best with other warriors or dervishes in Guild Battles.
Attributes and Skills
<pvxbig> [build name='Backbreaker' prof=Warrior/any strength=12+1+1 hammer=12+2][Backbreaker][Crushing Blow][Body Blow][Bull's Strike][Optional][Flail][Enraging Charge][Resurrection Signet][/build]
- [[Death's Charge@3] for instant movement.
- [[Distracting Strike] for an interrupt.
- [[Rush@14] for another cancel stance as well as an IMS.
- Survivor insignias and 1 Stonefist insignia on boot or hand.
- Sundering or Vampiric Hammer, Elemental, and Furious Hammers. Fortitude or Defense mod on either.
- A defensive set with spear + shield. Spear should have +30 health and a furious mod (you'll often want to be in this set to build adren). Keep an assortment of shields in your inventory (all the damage types, cripple reduction, blind reduction)
- Keep a longbow in your inventory to build adrenaline from afar
- Superior Vigor, Clarity, and Restoration runes.
- Use Enraging Charge in order to gain adrenaline and/or catch up to a target.
- You can spike with either Backbreaker or Bull's Strike, followed by Crushing Blow and Body Blow. Also useful is using Bull's Strike and then 1/4 knocking with Backbreaker.
- Backbreaker should mainly be used when it is necessary to disable a foe for the full 4 second.
- Remember that Body Blow can cause Deep Wound on foes with cracked armor.
- Use Flail to gain adrenaline and on spikes.
- Death Pact Signet instead of Resurrection Signet (In GvG).
- Hammer Bash over Body Blow for less damage but more quarter-knocking.
- Melee shutdown
- Anti-knockdown skills