How come that this build has a rating and no votes? --CJNyfalt 14:14, 22 November 2007 (CET)
- Because the one that made it is a fa-not so nice person. –Ichigo724 17:01, 22 November 2007 (CET)
- ELITES ARE FOR WEAKLINGS. –Ichigo724 17:05, 22 November 2007 (CET)
for variants (and those who can not stand a build without elite skills). What about removing either Teiais or Crystal Wave and replace it with the elite glyph of renewal ? This should help to keep sliver armor up almost all the time, speeding up the farming. tried that ? Hoschi 18:00, 22 November 2007 (CET)
Take out attribute points in healing prayers, add aura of restoration, put remaining in Energy Storage. Peplace KA with Armor of Earth. Your taking 0 damage with Armor of earth anyways. Replace Crystals Wave or Tenai's Crystals with Glyph of Renewal. This works perfectly fine for me.--SoDMo
- Yes. Anything that one of these builds can do can be done by a 330. In fact, only areasthat absolutely require a skill from a different (not ele or monk) profession to farm it can't be farmed by the 330. Ekko Ekko Ekko Ekko 17:55, 4 February 2009 (EST)
You can swap armor of earth for kinetic armor, it works just as well. And Glyph of Renewal + Sliver armor is way faster.
I tried Aftershock in place of one of Tenai's or Crystal Wave. It's less damage since it's earth damage as opposed to untyped, but a faster recharge and less energy. Went with the Aura of Restoration build which works out pretty well. I'm going to look for other Ele attack spells that will work in the build as well. Caiasward 19:33, 27 November 2007 (CET)
- Cleaned up the build and added some wiki links as well as added some extra links. Also fixed some minor grammar problems. GODLIESTalk 21:12, 27 November 2007 (CET)
The only problems I've run into with this build is against Blaze Bloodbane (the monk boss), whose use of Banish and Bane Signet do direct damage and can catch you off guard. Caiasward 06:36, 28 November 2007 (CET)
drop one of the crystals for sandstorm, it's MUCH better--Goldenstar 18:22, 1 December 2007 (CET)
deh...SS will scatter them...Sabin O 17:09, 5 December 2007 (CET)
- Shockwave then. Nyktos (talk · contribs) 04:25, 6 December 2007 (CET)
- From extensive HM farming as an earth ele in multiple locations, I can tell you both Sandstorm and Shockwave under-perform. The breakpoint for damage for Shockwave vs Crystal Wave is between 31 and 35 damage per packet (cost-to-damage) and I usually get that, but this is comparing a normal skill to an elite! As for Sandstorm, ugh - using the rule of thumb that all damage is roughly half, Sandstorm at rank 16 does about 16-17 points (17 is what I usually got, I think - I haven't farmed with this in a LONG time - I hate this skill now). Even if you don't care about breaking aggro, attackers will take maybe 2 hits and get hit twice more leaving the AoE for about 32 + 64 = 96 total damage per 25 seconds - far too little damage to waste an Elite slot on. --False Prophet 01:46, 11 December 2007 (CET)
this is a really helpful build. ive been farming and testing this lately, and it works really well. except i replace crystals with shockwave and kinetic armor with armor of earth, and the crystal waave with shockwave. i think it works a little better. but nice job... i like this build BaconWrangler 05:12, 8 December 2007 (CET)
Fleeing charrs ?
I've used a variation of this build with medium success (i've just began i mean and i'm confident my skill will increase over time and i've done plenty of vermin farm) in the past few days. But last hour, the charrs began fleeing when i open the gate. Their number seemed to be greatly reduced and i was unable to find where to boss went hiding.
Is that a regular thing on this perticular farm ? TulipVorlax 16:31, 23 March 2008 (EDT)
- A guildie suggested it to be an antifarm thing. He might be right but i had the feeling Anet removed thoses... TulipVorlax 21:59, 26 March 2008 (EDT)
- Sliver armor causes some AoE scatter in HM. You will have at most 4 melee opponents on you at once when it is active. Rangers will continue to pummel you, so it's helpful to drag them along for faster kills). Incidentally, this build is quite similar to the E/Me Renewal Sliver farmer (with monk farm skills instead of Mesmer). --False Prophet 15:56, 3 April 2008 (EDT)
- Are you responding to what i said earlier ? If yes, you are wrong.
- I never talked about AoE monster dispersion. Don't think i don't know the game just because i only have a few contributions on this talk page. I'm the founder of a french wiki about GW, i know it well enough.
- What I said is that when i open the door, sometimes, they don't even come to me, they run away AS SOON as i open the door. A few of them comes. Some Warriors, a few others. But the boss almost litterally disapear and there less than half of the the foes.
- Nothing to do with skills i use because i did not even began doing any damage yet when this is occuring. And as i might have found out, this seems to happen if i go in too soon after a first run. So, i've began to go farm here and there (Krytia gates, kirins, ice cave..) just a few round per emplacements...
- By the way, i've droped Passage Scrolls on the Necro Nolani boss. It was a first for me.
- See ya. TulipVorlax 17:46, 3 April 2008 (EDT)
- I had this where the charr ran in the other direction while trying to show a guildie how to do the farm, once we managed to get a mob to stay to show how the build works and i went back to solo they stopped running away, so it could be an anti farming thing in respect to teaching others, were there any other people in your party when the charr ran?.126.96.36.199 10:39, June 27, 2010 (UTC)
Even better variant...
I'm surprised no one has posted this yet, but in comparison to this build, this version is better for staying alive. Takes a bit longer, but better.
Weapon with 20% Enchanting
12 +1 +3 Earth Magic 8 Energy Storage 10 Healing Prayers
Glyph Of Swiftness // Obsidian Flesh // Stoneflesh Aura // Aftershock // Sliver Armor // Healing Breeze // Balthazar's Spirit // Mending
[ OgNEgSyM26I91GfVXBPEkIPEJA ] is template code...
TehBlizzy 00:17, 11 January 2009 (EST)TehBlizzy :]
The video has been removed. Please remove link to stop misleading people, or create another one.
Is it possible to run it on ritualist? Anon8763 21:34, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
- You can run this as a 105 with almost any damage skill you want. Just use protective spirit, shielding hands, shield of absorption, balthazar's spirit, fill in the blank. Smity 06:17, July 24, 2010 (UTC)
- Honestly tho, your best best is to spike, otherwise mosnters will keep running away and it will take a very long time to kill. The orginal idea of this build was that it spiked, but since sliver armor update, it no longer does this. What I use sometimes is 105 with Ebon battle standard of honor, hundred blades, and whirl wind attack. Smity 15:44, July 24, 2010 (UTC)
Does this still work after sliver nerf? Smity 06:17, July 24, 2010 (UTC)