Minimum Formatting in a single post. I knew there was a reason I liked you Auron. =) If this is for PvE, why Death Pact Signant? Flesh of My Flesh tends to work better for me as a res machine for hero's and henches. Shireensysop 17:15, 6 July 2007 (CEST)
- I used Flesh of My Flesh for... months. On heroes, on my ele... and just recently started using DPS (inspired by using it in PvP), and fell in love with it. It can't be slowed down/stopped by caster hate, it is hard to interrupt, it's fast (so you aren't spending 5-6 seconds rezzing instead of kiting or nuking), and the only downside (the 2-minute death effect) is easily avoidable in PvE, where many mobs are 2 minutes apart or more. TBH deaths with heroes/henchies are rare, so the chances of one dying twice in two minutes is slim to none :) -Auron 17:25, 6 July 2007 (CEST)
- Lulz. Three monks and damage dealers is all I look for. Proph is usually the two healing breeze spam monk henchies, orion/cynn, devona (for long stretches where Charge is helpful), or claude/eve (for BRing the junky hench healers that are wtb energy management), and three heroes (usually use a savannah heat/pdrain/leech sig ele, tahlkora as RC with aegis and goh, and an extra... MM, second nuker, ranger for BHA interrupting to kill caster bosses, etc). Factions just sucks, the hench choices throughout the entire campaign blow chunks... luckily, factions isn't very long. And nightfall was a breeze, mhenlo and khim have much better energy management than lina and alesia ever did; plus Herta as a devastating Sandstorm user and Cynn as a competant filler damage dealer... Nightfall PvE just wasn't a problem. -Auron 17:36, 6 July 2007 (CEST)
Need to fix the attributes for the profession. It says Elementalist/Monk and should be Ritualist, lol - Joshgt2 17:34, 6 July 2007 (CEST)
- Done. Thanks for the catch :) -Auron 17:36, 6 July 2007 (CEST)
i'd switch smoldering for liquid. this build is great either way. - Skakid9090 20:15, 6 July 2007 (CEST)
- Liquid isn't as spammable, but the aoe factor makes up for it. I'll put it as a variant. -Auron 02:27, 7 July 2007 (CEST)
Should be E/any, as you are only use the Secondary profession, for res. Put DPS and or FomF in variants. Maybe Rebirth or w/e. Your choice, I really don't care. Readem (talk*pvxcontribs) 02:47, 7 July 2007 (CEST)
- E/any is no better than E/Rt; it would be a pointless change. -Auron 03:03, 7 July 2007 (CEST)
Although Liquid Flame has a longer recharge, it has a larger AoE than Fireball and a faster cast. It also combines beautifully with Mark Of Rodgort since both have the same AoE. Perhaps Bed of Coals instead of Smoldering Embers as a variant. Cast it when Meteor Shower is firing. With the aftercast delay, it should activate just in time to trigger from MS's knockdown. Isn't Rodgort's Invocation somewhat redundant since you already have Fireball (or Liquid Flame) plus Mark of Rodgort already and they do pretty much the same thing? I'd be tempted to add in Glowing Gaze for additional energy gain, with Mind Blast and Fire Attunement, the build would never run out of energy except under extreme energy denial. --BeeD 09:49, 10 July 2007 (CEST)
- Even then, it won't run out. I'm just not a huge fan of Liquid Flame, although it does fine. The general idea of this build is constant burning + powerful nukes + unlimited energy; if you like nuking with Liquid Flame, go ahead. I used Searing Heat for a long time instead of Rodgort's Invoc (so I listed it in variants), but I've found Rodgorts to be generally more effetive (and it has a cooler graphic :P). -Auron 10:18, 10 July 2007 (CEST)
Change from E/Rt to E/P
Much thanks to Thomas Bangalter (for the TNTF idea) and Izzy (for buffing Rodgorts). This is now the best nuker in the game... hands down :) -Auron 10:40, 12 August 2007 (CEST)
- Best nuker? I don't understand that. Mind blast in PvE is weak, since mobs are balled you're better off with something like Savannah Heat, killing damn mutch targets at the same time. This is just like a flare spammer, with only better e-mangement(which quite can't be hurted in pve, you gain energy between mobs). Sorry, the whole idea of it is cool, but i won't say it's the best :O. Btw, glyph of renewal is buffed again so Glyph + MS = FTW. Unexist 17:31, 12 August 2007 (CEST)
- You aren't nuking with Mind Blast, you're nuking with Rodgorts on recharge. -Auron 17:35, 12 August 2007 (CEST)
- And renewal + met shower is shit - renewal is unneeded when you rack up exhaustion that quickly. Also, glyph of renewal bars fail at keeping energy up - aside from huge exhaustion concerns, you don't have any normal energy management (gole and glyph of renewal is very awkward, and fire attune doesn't help worth a damn when you're dropping 25 energy spells all over). -Auron 17:37, 12 August 2007 (CEST)
- ...and lastly, Savannah Heat = mobs breaking up and running around. I do like Savannah a bunch, but it isn't on the same level. -Auron 17:39, 12 August 2007 (CEST)
- Meh, w/e... ~~ frvwfr2 (talk · contributions) 17:55, 12 August 2007 (CEST)
- The effect can't be underestimated. I was doing eternal grove with thom, both of us running this build; the afflicted warrior boss that pretty much always got kills on my teams in the past barely scratched us as we chained TNTF - even with the OMG! 2 second downtime, we somehow managed to survive. TNTF is really a great skill, and putting it on a bar that can handle its energy costs and still perform at its best is a rare feat indeed. -Auron 17:59, 12 August 2007 (CEST)
- Meh, w/e... ~~ frvwfr2 (talk · contributions) 17:55, 12 August 2007 (CEST)
Promise Nuker a gimmick? BAhahaha.To be honest, I just tried this and didn't like it... When your energy drops low, Mind Blast doesn't work, and then RI becomes too expensive. Besides, RI is once every 5 seconds, whereas with dual attunements and arcane echo you can cast right after eachother and are guaranteed an energy return of 21 every cast. This build has the potential to regain energy, but that ability is lost as soon as your energy dips low. Dual attunements is much more stable. Sure if an attunement gets removed you're shut down, but if you energy gets low with this build you're shut down because Mind Blast doesn't return any. Each have their counters, but enchant removal is easier to counter. Bring Aura of Restoration to stop shatter enchant from getting to your vitals. TNTF is a good idea though. I don't feel like voting because I feel the removed vote had some merit to it. If I vote it will just get removed too. SF is 109dmg + burning every 3 seconds, AoE dmg too. RI is 127 + burning every 7 seconds, and Mind Blast (basically flare dmg wise) in the meantime. Sorry, but I don't agree that this is the best nuking build. Promise Nuker or Dual Attune RI are better. Matti Nuke 22:13, 15 August 2007 (CEST)
- Um, how do you get low on energy with Mind Blast? --Edru viransu//QQ about me 03:12, 16 August 2007 (CEST)
Removed vote should not be removed.
It was an honest and good summarization of the build. The author just has the privelige of being and admin and removed a vote because he didn't like it.
- Which certainly explains why no one's removed the other low votes, right? Honestly, someone who thinks SF spam or Meteor Shower "spam" > RI spam can't be trusted on that matter, imo. --Edru viransu//QQ about me 01:45, 16 August 2007 (CEST)
Actually he said that its SF is better for organized teams because the enemy is all surrounded around 1 tank, and in that case SF>This. SF is all AoE, whereas this build has 1 AoE spell and Mind Blast, which is single target.
- Actually, this has 2 aoe spells. SF is the one with only one(somewhat subpar) aoe spell. ZOMG, I'm spamming an elite conditional(especially in EotN where many enemies are using frigid armor or are just immune to burning) fireball(okay, actually, SF does less damage than fireball). --Edru viransu//QQ about me/sysop 19:21, 26 August 2007 (CEST)
This build isn't all that.
I use something more similar to Readem's GvG version in DoA, with a few modifications. I tried this and found it is inferior to the build that I had managed to put together. I'll be here with some suggestions soon. ~~ Napalm Flame ^_^ (talk)·(contributions) 14:07, 26 August 2007 (CEST)
I pressed random build and this is so fking dumb, even pre-nerf, the skill req'd atleast 11 or so leadership to be held almost indefinitely, how could this have even made it passed vetting?--Rella 23:36, 2 June 2008 (EDT)