Much easier with a warrior with hundred blades, whirling attack, doylak signet. run around and pile em up, they die in around 8 seconds.
Why do you need that much expertise? there's only Wilderness and Earth skills in there and it only cuts down the cost of 2 skills, where one gives massive amounts of energy and the other one already is cheap. That way you don't have to rune suicide yourself either. More HP is gud --Saz 14:07, 15 April 2008 (EDT)
Already had the major expertise rune on my armor and didn't feel like buying a specialized set just for that farm. That is my standard set of armor I just switch masks depending on the situation.Brown Spyder 14:19, 16 April 2008 (EDT)
- Still doesn't explain why you need that much expertise tbh. Also, please don't add the rune on this page if it's there unintentional in the first place. Just go 12+1+1 wilderness/12earth/3 expertise --Saz 10:36, 16 April 2008 (EDT)
(diff) (hist) . . m Build:R/E Gates of Kryta farm; 18:37 . . (-1,180) . . Godliest (Talk | contribs) That's the way to do it :p And please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~) Godbox 14:07, 16 April 2008 (EDT)
I tried it with wilderness at 16 and just leftovers in expertise and I was fighting energy a bit more. That's just my opinion just use it however you are comfortable with. Brown Spyder 14:19, 16 April 2008 (EDT)
- Energy seems fine to me. Stick to the current attributes 12, 12, 3. Godbox 14:21, 16 April 2008 (EDT)
Thank you for fixing my formatting. This is my first Wiki post.Brown Spyder 14:30, 16 April 2008 (EDT)
Is this done in HM or NM...? Natsopaani 14:24, 17 April 2008 (EDT)
- He's doing it in HM in the vid so... --Saz 14:26, 17 April 2008 (EDT)
Good job, it actually works fairly well, although it is on the slower side. Driggy 23:45, 28 April 2008 (EDT)
Thank You everyone for the feedback. There are several areas that can be farmed with this build. I will list them later, but if you find one please list it. Brown Spyder 22:55, 1 May 2008 (EDT)
The glyph of swiftness variant is definately useable and, in my opinion, better than the mental block version. It requires a bit more interaction, but, and you can boost the recharge of sliver armor as well with the glyph of swiftness. Furthermore, Stoneflesh is fully sustainable, and your health never drops. As long as you have an enchant +20% weapon, you're fine. Oh, and you don't need a stance shield either. A "while enchanted" will work just fine, as well. 22.214.171.124 05:05, 26 June 2008 (EDT)
I tried this
- Admittedly, this build can't match the speed of say, a 55 monk or similar, but I've always cleared the mobs in a reasonable amount of time with this. Where exactly are you having problems? I usually bring an "Of Enchanting" bow to draw back enemies that run (and still be able to keep up enchants if one needs to be cast), but I've only needed it for the first hellhound. --Toraen 18:55, 2 July 2008 (EDT)
- yeah, you should actually list this, but in gates of kryta hard mode, you should try killing the grasping ghouls first before killing all the skeleton mesmers, because their repeated crippling+victory is mine combo makes them very slow to kill if left to last. Also, the ranger boss is totally unkillable with this build, since he will always interrupt any casts of stoneflesh with concussion shot and thus cause dazed and cause you to die. Otherwise, its actually a pretty good farming build, and the only one I can use (because I've only finished prophecies lol)Shade Stormarrow 05:45, 21 July 2008 (EDT)
→ moved from Build page
(IMO, the old version works better)
- Please explain how. Glyph of Swiftness allows you to permanently maintain 0 damage, and use Sliver and Light more often. Toraen Dirt to da face! 22:23, 14 February 2009 (EST)
→ moved from Build page
<pvxbig> [build prof=R/E name="Gates of Kryta HM farm" Exp=5+1+1 Wil=11+1 Air=4 Ear=12][Stone Striker][Obsidian Flesh][Glyph of Swiftness][Stoneflesh Aura][Sliver Armor][Troll Unguent]["I am Unstoppable!"][Storm Chaser][/build] </pvxbig>
Same as above. The most important part is the of enchanting mod.
The Run: Storm Chaser is obviously your run buff. When approaching enemies, use Stonestriker, Glyph of Swiftness, and Stoneflesh Aura, followed by Storm Chaser to get through. If you have to aggro Heretics near the portal to Mineral Springs, keep up Obsidian Flesh. In the very worst case, you'll die and res as the shrine just ahead.
Once you get to Mineral Springs, use the same running tactics as above. Avarica Guile will strip enchantments. Just slap on "I am Unstoppable!", Storm Chaser, and keep running. You should be able to heal from whatever damage you may take.
The Farm: Use Stonestriker, Glyph of Swiftness, Stoneflesh Aura, and then use Obsidian Flesh. Slap on Storm Chaser to manage energy and run on in. Once near an enemy, put on Sliver Armor. Kill trolls first. Primarily, maintain Obsidian Flesh. You will have a one second downtime with it, but the enemies won't be able to cast Maelstrom in that time, so you should be good. Obsidian Flesh also MUST be used while affected by Glyph of Swiftness, so use your skills and time them carefully.
If trolls aren't killed first, they may interrupt your spells.