- 1 Copied from GuildWiki
- 2 Obby Tank
- 3 Necrotic Traversal on Monk
- 4 The Spirit Spammer
- 5 Where Are The Vids???
- 6 Mark of Rodgort?
- 7 Heroes?
- 8 Update needed
- 9 Reckless Haste?
- 10 Warrior
- 11 SB Monk
- 12 BiP Ranger?
- 13 Very Nice Build
- 14 SS/MS?
- 15 Suggestions
- 16 Lifebond
- 17 SS/SV
- 18 Seed of Life
- 19 Masochism
- 20 Human Monks = Human Heros?
- 21 Archived
- 22 I miss 4 hour doa runs :(
Copied from GuildWiki
I added this from my namespace from Guild wiki, because lots of strategies have been discussed here, which is a good way to improve the build.
Wouldn't it be better to have a perma shadowformer as the tank, since they dont take any damage.
- obviously never taken a perma into stygianBogusdude 04:56, 27 June 2009 (UTC)
Necrotic Traversal on Monk
Wouldn't being Mo/A be better and use something like return.
The Spirit Spammer
- Why? Besides it being torn apart in .5 seconds it's a waste of a slot. - Skakid9090º_o 00:55, 2 July 2007 (CEST)
Where Are The Vids???
Can someone put a vid of this build in action on google.com. Would be much appreciated:)
Mark of Rodgort?
Whyh isn't Mark of Rodgort in this build? It is extremely useful for SF nukers as it keep the monsters bruning constantly.
- waste of a slot, except for making jadoth go a bit faster. the 40 dmg lost every 5 seconds isnt worth the slot imo. - Skakid9090 00:28, 11 July 2007 (CEST)
- This build is kind of outdated. In the newer, more efficient, build Mark of Rodgort has a space in it. Mark of Rodgort is very effective since you will never miss the energy of Glowing Gaze. This makes the energy management a lot easier for the elementalists. With as a result that the BiP necro is also out of the party. No use for them. With the new monk sunspear skill, Seed of Life, the monks basically are doing nothing more then casting Spell Breaker on the tank and Seed of Life on the bonder. At the moment i am working on a totally new build with a 2 monk backline, which should be very possible since now the 3 monk backline is kinda sitting around doing nothing 95% of the time. - 184.108.40.206 13:09, 11 July 2007 (CEST)
Can this be done with heroes?--Dark Paladin X 22:54, 19 July 2007 (CEST)
- not effeciently or without getting a massive headache. - Skakid9090 22:58, 19 July 2007 (CEST)
SB: <pvxbig> [build prof=Mo/? name="DoA SB" hea=10 pro=8 div=12][Protective Spirit][Seed of Life][Healing Seed][Spell Breaker][Dwayna's Kiss][Dismiss Condition][Blessed Aura][Rebirth][/build] </pvxbig>
Seed of Life kick's ass gives really great healing even with r7. gcardinal 17:25, 25 July 2007 (CEST)
- Seed of Life should be used in the bar of the SB and the healer, they should swap casting it and the warrior shall never die, pretty awesome actually
doesn't help much in HM, they can't attack any faster. i suggest brining anther Curse, suffering, Enfeebling blood, i don't kno what exactly, but just noting that reckless haste (besides the miss chance, which won't help much anyway) is totally useless in HM. Empty Orchestra 05:49, 4 August 2007 (CEST)
why would he have a minor tactics, he only has one tactics skill and the rune doesnt help at all
i think there was a mistake under the equipment, it said that it is optimal for the staff 20/20 HSR and HCT be for healing prayers.--Hellbringer 03:21, 9 August 2007 (CEST)
I was told that I can be a BiP Ranger with exacly same build as necro, changing Soul Reaping to Expertise, because of lowering cost of spirits, Comfort Animal and BR. Anyone tested R/N variant? — Abedeus 10:59, 11 August 2007 (CEST)
- BR is not affected by Expertise. Dragon Legacy 13:28, 13 August 2007 (CEST)
- BR is a touch spell and it is affected by Expertise. Check out wiki before posting a false statement next time. — Abedeus 13:44, 13 August 2007 (CEST)
Very Nice Build
Me and my alliance are about to try this build out soon. I hope we can work it good, because I really need to farm some stuff. --Hellbringer 03:20, 15 August 2007 (CEST)
In just about every group I've been in, the people always ask the SS to go SS/MS (MS being Meteor Shower), since there will then be more frequent knockdowns and spike damage. I haven't tried it with an echo SS because no one will let me, lol. Joo 20:45, 17 August 2007 (CEST)
I was thinking that with the bonder you could switch blessed signet for essence bond to cast on the tank
- That is not going to work. You need the blessed signet in between the fights. During the fight you will have plenty of energy since you have life bond on the tank and balt spirit on yourself. - 220.127.116.11 14:42, 28 August 2007 (CEST)
Lifebond used by both monks on the war is pretty useless as it can only maintained by one.
I have been looking over this build, and I just can get why does SS carry Blood Ritual when you use BiP? Also Awken the Blood is useless as well, SS does only 4 extra damage with it, so I was thinking why not to replace these two skills with Sympathetic Visage and Ancestor's Visage. In most cases tank will have a very large number of melee attackers on who will triger SV and AV repeatedly draining them completely, not to mention that any enemy caster that wishes to attack your casters will most likey stand close to the tank and will be drained of all energy as well.--18.104.22.168 02:27, 30 August 2007 (CEST)
- SS affects all the nearby enemies not just one, so with awaken your dealing 4 extra damage per attack to that foe and all nearby foes, so they drop like flies with just ss on 2 enemies, and BR on the ss does seem pointless.PheNaxKian (T/c) 01:45, 1 September 2007 (CEST)
Seed of Life
Still useful with the new duration?--DarkEnzanArikado 23:35, 31 August 2007 (CEST)
- I would expect Healing Seed is better now. Ibreaktoilets 23:38, 31 August 2007 (CEST)
Human Monks = Human Heros?
Would it be still efficient to put heros in place of the monks? (using same skills and attributes, naturally) ~~ Submitted by Trueslash Noobfoot on 17 September 2007.
Since this build wasn't viable for some time now and nobody fixed it, I'm putting it in archived. For those not familiar wit DoA: Pets no longer leave exploitable corpses (A.net's fix to the "spiritway" HA build), so the teleporting in inferno no longer works with that build. I doubt it's possible to get this to work without either dropping the 3rd monk or properly abusing Cry. Then, just give one of the damage dealers a Flesh Golem and proceed as usual (only faster). Feel free to unarchive and edit to that effect if you care or I wasn't allowed to archive it or whatever. Goram 09:53, 19 January 2008 (EST)
I miss 4 hour doa runs :(
This used to be so tedious yet so profitable, 60k torment gems were <3--Goldenstar 23:46, 12 July 2009 (UTC)