The PvXwiki community finds this to be a good build.
If you disagree with this rating, please discuss it on the build's talk page.
This build has been designed for the following use:
Use Assassin's Promise for energy management and the hard hitting single-target abilities of Air Magic or the AoE shutdown of Earth Magic. Works equally well in Hero/Hench teams and full human teams.
Attributes and Skills Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=E/A Deadly=12 Energy=3+1][Assassin's Promise]["You Move Like a Dwarf!"][Ebon Vanguard Assassin Support]["Finish Him!"][Optional][Optional][Glyph of Lesser Energy][Optional][/build]
- Air Magic (12+1+3):
- Earth Magic (12+1+3):
- Fire Magic (12+1+3):
- [[Energy Blast@8] good damage if you decide put some more points in ES
- [[Glyph of Sacrifice@12] elite skill negates the downside of this
- [[Enduring Toxin@12] for a quick-casting cover hex
- [[Ebon Battle Standard of Honor@10] over "YMLaD!" or "Finish Him!" When using Earth spells to increase AoE damage considerably.
- Either Radiant or Survivor Insignias.
- Vitae or Attunement runes, with the best vigor rune affordable.
- New users might find energy to be more beneficial than hp. However, with experience, the energy is no longer an issue.
- Half Skill Recharge is unnecessary on mods, however half-cast time is desirable.
- Ideal would be an Adept (air or earth) Staff of Fortitude with Aptitude Not Attitude inscription.
- Maintain Air/Earth Attunement when possible.
- Use Glyph of Lesser Energy as often as necessary.
- Use Assassin's Promise on called target when health begins to drop.
- Remember that shouts can be used during the cast of other spells, and use them accordingly.
- Due to the nature of the Earth variant, cast AP only when the foe has dropped past 50% health, lower or when you see their death in 6 seconds being imminent (i.e. no enemy healers left).
- For the earth variant, use Churning Earth before Eruption to help prevent scatter.
- A very common and effective opening sequence would be to target the healer in the group and the following sequence.
- Glyph of Lesser Energy
- Ebon Vanguard Assassin Support
- Lightning Orb or Churning Earth and use YMLAD during the cast
- The target should be under half health, so Assassin's Promise, "Finish Him!", and Chain Lightning or Eruption. The target is likely dead.
- All skills are recharged through AP, so reuse the glyph if needed, and repeat the damage.
- Hex Removal of AP.
- Failure to kill AP marked targets.
- Vocal Minority prevents shouts. Consider other PvE-only skills in areas where this may be a problem.