This PvP build is used to cause high damage, semi-spammable AoE pressure. It can be adapted for PvE purposes.
Attributes and Skills
|Elementalist / Any||Attribute Rank|
|Fire Magic||12 + 1 + 3|
|Energy Storage||12 + 1|
<pvxbig> [Searing Flames][Glowing Gaze][Liquid Flame][Meteor Shower][Glyph of Lesser Energy][Glyph of Sacrifice][Fire Attunement][Resurrection Signet] </pvxbig>
- Survivor insignias.
- Hale Staff of Fortitude (Health +60).
- 15/-1 set.
- Keep Fire Attunement up at all times.
- Find a mob of players or NPCs and cast Searing Flames, Glowing Gaze, Liquid Flame repeatedly.
- Use Glyph of Lesser Energy whenever possible to assist your energy.
- Cast Meteor Shower on a bunched up group of players/NPCs to cause panic.
- Resurrection Signet for fallen allies.
- Enchantment removal.
- Disruption is a major problem, Searing Flames is your key skill and if it's gone so is most of your damage.
- Anti-caster spells: Backfire, Diversion etc.
- Frigid Armor and Avatar of Melandru will prevent burning being applied, however this is not a big threat as they are uncommon skills for the most part.
- Signet of Humility.
- Mantra of Flame.
- Protection Prayers (Protective Spirit in particular).
- This build is easily countered by the opposing team spreading out.
- Arcane Languor + Equinox
- Cast Arcane Echo followed by Meteor Shower twice for a devastating 'double-nuke' against stationary targets.
- Replace Glyph of Sacrifice with Aura of Restoration for PvE.
- Resurrection Signet for Dash if doing Alliance Battles or Competitive Missions.
- In Heroes' Ascent players use a Mesmer secondary profession and replace Glyph of Lesser Energy with Mantra of Flame in case of encounters with other SF teams.
- Replace Liquid Flame for Meteor or Gale if it fits the team build.
- Since you have an open secondary profession, you may wish to include some other skills.
- Replace Resurrection Signet for Resurrection Chant if the GvG build needs a hard resurrection skill.
- Replace Glyph of Sacrifice with Mark of Rodgort - this will cause almost every SF to do damage AND reapply burning. SF = 3 secs cycle (faster with HCT+HRT wand+focus set) = MoR 4 sec burning reapplied before it runs out (MoR also synergizes with Meteor Shower). With multiple SF elementalists, MoR is not as useful - you only need one to carry it, the rest could run arcane echo or something else.
- Use a HCT+HRT Fire Magic wand+focus set - this will increase your average DPS. Only switch to the +15/-1 if you are out of energy and need one or two more shots to finish something off.
- An echoed SF = one SF every second ( or a bit faster with HCT/HRT set)- more damage than an echoed Meteor Shower but more energy used.