The PvXwiki community finds this to be a good build.
If you disagree with this rating, please discuss it on the build's talk page.
This build has been designed for the following use:
Assume the Avatar of Kanye to defend and help cap shrines in the Jade Quarry. This build primarily utilizes a wide array of interrupts in order to frustrate enemy attempts to capture shrines while also inflicting heavy damage on casters and naturally unwary NPCs.
Attributes and Skills
<pvxbig> [build prof=Mesmer/Elementalist DominationMagic=12+1+1 FastCasting=8+1 InspirationMagic=10][Chaos Storm][Glyph of Renewal][Mistrust][Complicate][Cry of Frustration][Power Drain][Wastrel's Worry][Drain Enchantment][/build] </pvxbig>
- Web of Disruption + Drain Delusions - for more brave interrupting and energy
- Power Drain + Wastrel's Worry - for Jade Hauler killing
- Empathy + Optional - if melee is becoming a problem
- Whatever works for you; "Meta" set-up (i.e. HEALTH EVERYWHERE GOGO)
- 40/40 Domination Recharge set
- Higher energy set
- Defending Shrines
- Stand in front of a shrine and keep a look out for cappers
- Catch Necro Bombers before they get too close and use Glyph of Renewal + Drain Enchantment to remove to their top two enchantments and follow up with interrupts to minimize damage.
- Keep Complicate at the ready for RoJ Monks with skills that prevent interruption or the occasional Barrage spammer.
- Capping Shrines
- Works best when working in tandem with at least one other person.
- Use Glyph of Renewal on your way to the shrine and let it recharge
- Cast Chaos Storm twice
- Target the Elementalists at the shrine with Mistrust and CoF. If you're feeling confident, try duplicating one of those spells for extra damage to take the shrine down faster.
- If you're attacking a Ranger shrine, wait until they use an attack skill and then blast them with Cry of Frustration. Pin Down is the easiest one to hit and probably the most important to interrupt anyway.
- Melee pressure is not healthy for this build
- Getting caught off guard
- When using Mistrust on people, it's important to remember that the skill affected by Mistrust recharges instantly. So, yes, by all means double cast it on an RoJ monk and watch him explode twice but be sure to follow it up with Complicate or CoF depending on what the situation calls for.