The PvXwiki community finds this to be an excellent build.
If you disagree with this rating, please discuss it on the build's talk page.
This build has been designed for the following use:
Attributes and Skills
<pvxbig> [build prof=Monk/x HealingPrayers=12+1+1 ProtectionPrayers=7+1 DivineFavor=8+1][Patient Spirit][Word of Healing][Dismiss Condition][Guardian][Cure Hex][Spirit Bond][Optional][optional][/build]
- [[Protective Spirit@8]: over Spirit Bond for a longer lasting prot.
- [[Shield of Absorption@8]: as a small prot that can become effective quickly because of the many damage sources in AB and CM.
- [[Shielding Hands@8]: as a small prot with a quick cast that also provides a small heal.
- [[Holy Veil@0]: as a hex removal that can be precast and can remove a hex instantly.
- [[Sprint@0]: IMS for getting away from a bad situation, catching up to a teammate, or capping quickly/running amber.
- [[Shield Bash@0]: Better against Sins and an easy defense option, but isn't that great against constant amounts of physical pressure.
- [[Disciplined Stance@8]: Provides blocking as well as armor, which also helps against unblockable attacks and spells.
- [[Bonetti's Defense@3]: Energy management as well as 5 seconds of blocking that doesn't require extra attribute spread.
- [[Balanced Stance@8]: Very useful anti knockdown and anti critical.
- [[Return@6]: to shadowstep to allies and avoid melee.
- [[Dark Escape@6]: for a great anti-spike as well as IMS.
- [[Smoke Powder Defense@6]: to stop massive melee damage for a while.
- Survivor's Insignias or Disciple's Insignias, with Runes of Vitae/Vigor; run Wanderer's in Fort Aspenwood if playing on the Kurzick side.
- A high set (a wand and focus with two 15/-1 mods).
- A 40/20/20% Protection staff.
- A 40/40 Heal Set.
- Spears with +5 energy/-5 energy, +30hp/Defense and +10 vs "x" shields.
- Max Q7/8 Tactics shield if you meet the requirements, otherwise a Strength shield.
- Heal with Word of Healing and Patient Spirit.
- Use Guardian, SB and Dismiss Condition as necessary.
- When under pressure, use your secondary skills to protect yourself eg:
- Shield Bash vs assassin chains.
- Shield Stance or Disciplined Stance vs melee to get Guardian up easily.
- Balanced Stance vs attackers with KD (Assassins and Hammer Warriors mostly).
- Dark Escape vs anything to reduce damage.
- Return vs any melee to snare them and get away.
- Standard anti-caster counters.
- Anti-block skills, like Wild Blow and Rigor Mortis.
- Shielding Hands for a small prot.
- Protective Spirit or Spirit Bond for a hard prot.
- Vigorous Spirit for excellent anti-pressure and a cover enchantment for Holy Veil.
- Signet of Rejuventaion Useful for an emergency heal if having problems with energy management.
- Sprint: IMS
- Shield of Force: powerful anti-spike pre-prot - not as useful as Shield Bash, but recharges faster.
- Armor of Sanctity: Powerful anti-melee enchantment.
- Hex Breaker Tell VoR and Frag Mesmers to gtfo.