This build requires a rating. Please apply the appropriate tag based upon consensus.
This build has been designed for the following use:
Attributes and Skills
<pvxbig> [build prof=Monk/x HealingPrayers=12+1+1 ProtectionPrayers=7+1 DivineFavor=8+1][Patient Spirit][Word of Healing][Dismiss Condition][Guardian][Cure Hex][Shield of Absorption][Optional][optional][/build]
- [[Sprint@0]: IMS for getting away from a bad situation, catching up to a teammate, or capping quickly/running amber.
- [[Shield Bash@0]: Better against Sins and an easy defense option, but isn't that great against constant amounts of physical pressure.
- [[Disciplined Stance@8]: Provides blocking as well as armor, which also helps against unblockable attacks and spells.
- [[Bonetti's Defense@3]: Energy management as well as 5 seconds of blocking that doesn't require extra attribute spread.
- [[Balanced Stance@8]: Very useful anti knockdown and anti critical. Recommended to combine with Bonnettti's in order to provide the energy management to simply tank damage
- [[Return@6]: to shadowstep to allies and avoid melee.
- [[Dark Escape@6]: for a great anti-spike as well as IMS.
- [[Smoke Powder Defense@6]: to stop massive melee damage for a while.
- Survivor's Insignias or Disciple's Insignias, with Runes of Vitae/Vigor; run Wanderer's in Fort Aspenwood if playing on the Kurzick side.
- A high set (a wand and focus with two 15/-1 mods).
- A 40/20/20% Protection staff.
- A 40/40 Heal Set.
- Spears with +5 energy/-5 energy, +30hp/Defense and +10 vs "x" shields.
- Max Q7/8 Tactics shield if you meet the requirements, otherwise a Strength shield.
- Heal with Word of Healing and Patient Spirit.
- Use Guardian, SoA and Dismiss Condition as necessary.
- When under pressure, use your secondary skills to protect yourself eg:
- Shield Bash vs assassin chains.
- Shield Stance or Disciplined Stance vs melee to get Guardian up easily.
- Balanced Stance vs attackers with KD (Assassins and Hammer Warriors mostly).
- Dark Escape vs anything to reduce damage.
- Return vs any melee to snare them and get away.
- Standard anti-caster counters.
- Anti-block skills, like Wild Blow and Rigor Mortis.
- Shielding Hands for a small prot.
- Protective Spirit or Spirit Bond for a hard prot.
- Vigorous Spirit for excellent anti-pressure and a cover enchantment for Holy Veil.
- Signet of Rejuventaion Useful for an emergency heal if having problems with energy management.
- Sprint: IMS
- Shield of Force: powerful anti-spike pre-prot - not as useful as Shield Bash, but recharges faster.
- Armor of Sanctity: Powerful anti-melee enchantment.
- Hex Breaker Tell VoR and Frag Mesmers to gtfo.