The PvXwiki community finds this to be an excellent build.
If you disagree with this rating, please discuss it on the build's talk page.
This build has been designed for the following use:
This build is designed to handle the new "erratic" AI with the Solo SS Farmer build.
Attributes and Skills
<pvxbig> [build prof=necro/monk soulre=3+3 curses=12+1+3 healin=9 protec=9][protective spirit][healing breeze][spirit bond][spiteful spirit][insidious parasite][essence bond][balthazars spirit][mending][/build] </pvxbig>
- If you use Spirit Bond as a secondary healing skill, your armor should not be any better than AL 30.
- Use Radiant insignias because they offer the most energy required for the build.
- All armor pieces must have Necromancer superior runes in order to bring your health down to 55 along with the -50hp cesta.
- Totem Axe or Rajazan's Fervor for the energy and the +20% length of enchantments
- To solo the Underworld you will need a max damage Truncheon such as the one from Uderit Ignis, or, if you have Factions, a Wailing Wand from Gertrud or Telamon.
- The off-hand item is the Cities of Ascalon quest reward -50HP Grim Cesta
The process of this build is basically the same as the old one. Cast Essence Bond, Balthazar's Spirit, and Mending Before battle and let your energy recharge. As you aggro your target cast Protective Spirit and Healing Breeze. Once your target attacks cast Spiteful Spirit and shortly after, Insidious Parasite on a different enemy. If the target group is large enough they will start taking turns attacking. If you are taking to much damage at once, cast Spirit Bond to keep your health in the clear.
- Single enchantment removal (i.e. Shatter Enchantment) can be surived by using Spirit Bond to cover the vital enchantments, Protective Spirit and Healing Breeze.
- Conditions also pose a threat to any 55. Stack too many and you will negate your health regeneration. You can survive with no regen by using only Spirit Bond.
- Death penalty can be used to your advantage. Carry one extra piece of armor with a major rune. This will bring your health to 23 when you equip it with 15% Death penalty. You will take only 2 damage per hit using protective spirit, and mending's +3 regen can withstand 3 hits per second without even using healing breeze. If you die again you can simply remove a piece of armor when you resurrect (or you can carry another spare without runes). With 30% DP this will put you at 26hp.
- Be very careful of interrupting attacks from warriors, an example is Mountain Trolls' Disrupting Chop. This is especially dangerous as it adds 20 second cool down to the recharge of the affected spell, if this hits on Protective Spirit or Healing Breeze it can leave you dead in seconds.
- Skills that steal health or cause you to lose health, as they do not inflict any damage that Protective Spirit could reduce.
- A secondary healing skill is advised for attacking large groups or farming in Hard Mode. Examples would be: Vigorous Spirit, Spirit Bond, Orison of Healing, Guardian, or Shield Guardian. All of these skills help provide additional healing when Healing Breeze and Mending aren't enough for all the attacks against you or if you are farming in an area with degen.
- The use of Putrid Explosion may be helpful in certain situations.
- Desecrate Enchantments or Defile Enchantments can be used for even more armor ignoring AoE damage.
- Reckless Haste can be used in Normal Mode to help SS kill faster. It is useless in Hard Mode, however, because the monsters can not attack any faster.
- Suffering can be used for degen while the monsters aren't attacking you.
- In Hard Mode, the build can also be run with 16 Curses, 12 Protection Prayers, and Shielding Hands and Shield of Absorption replacing Healing Breeze and Spirit Bond. With this variant, Mending should be replaced with Watchful Spirit. This way, all damage you take will be 0. Insidious Parasite's life stealing allows you to withstand moderate degen as well.
- This build can also be ran by Mo/N, replacing soul reaping for divine favor. The monk variant will have higher survivability due to heals from divine favor removing the requirement of spirit bond. However, it will take longer to kill.
- This build was successfully tested on the minotaurs in Elona Reach.
- This can also be done at level 13 with 4 Superior Runes and Grim Cesta and the following attributes: Soul Reaping 0+3, Death Magic 0+3, Curses 3+3, Blood Magic 0+3, Protection Prayers 7, Healing Prayers 8.
- This build was successfully tested on the Sand Drakes in Diviner's Ascent.
- This build was successfully tested on the Sand Drakes in Diviner's Ascent in Hard Mode.
- This build was successfully tested on the Desert Griffons in The Scar.
- This build was successfully tested on the Desert Griffons in The Scar in Hard Mode.
- This build was successfully tested on the Rockshot Devourers in The Scar.
- This build was successfully tested on the Rockshot Devourers in The Scar in Hard Mode.
- This build was successfully tested on the Hydras in Skyward Reach.
- This build was successfully tested on the Hydras in Skyward Reach in Hard Mode.
- This build was successfully tested on Trolls in Talus Chute.
- This build was successfully tested on Cobalt Mokele group in Vehjin Mines, as long as there are no Cobalt Scabara in the groups.
- This build was successfully tested on Tusked Howlers and Tusked Hunters in Arkjok Ward.
- This build was successfully tested on Veldt Nephila in The Floodplain of Mahnkelon.
- This build was successfully tested on Titans in the Domain of Secrets in Hard Mode.
- This build was successfully tested in the Underworld with Suffering or Shadow of Fear replacing Insidious Parasite.
- This build was successfully tested on the Hulking Stone Elementals in Old Ascalon in Hard Mode with Life Siphon replacing Spirit Bond.
- This build was successfully tested on the Minotaurs in Anvil Rock in Hard Mode.
- This build was successfully tested on the Stalking Nephilas, in Plains of Jarin outside of Sunspear Great Hall in Hard Mode.
- This build was successfully tested on the Undead in Nebo Terrace outside of Bergen Hot Springs in Hard Mode.
- This build was successfully tested on the Naga, Kappa and Lesser Oni in Sunqua Vale outside of Tsumei Village in Hard Mode.
- This build was successfully tested on the Naga in Raiyan Cave outside of Tsumei Village in Hard Mode.
- This build was successfully tested on the Mantids outside of Ran Musu Gardens in Hard Mode.
- This build was successfully tested on the Plants and Wardens in Pongmei Valley in Hard Mode.
- This build was successfully tested on the Jade Brotherhood Knights in Wajjun Bazaar.