The PvXwiki community finds this to be an excellent build.
If you disagree with this rating, please discuss it on the build's talk page.
This build has been designed for the following use:
| This build is part of the current PvE meta. |
Remove this tag if it is no longer used in the current PvE meta.
The Imbagon gives constant damage reduction to your party using powerful PvE-only skills and deals decent damage with its spear.
Attributes and Skills
<pvxbig> [build prof=P/W spe=11+1+1 comma=8+1 lea=11+1][Optional][Optional]["Save Yourselves!" (Kurzick)]["There's Nothing to Fear!"][Ebon Battle Standard of Honor]["For Great Justice!"][Focused Anger][Aggressive Refrain][/build] </pvxbig> The alternative with Luxon skills has the following Skill Template: <pvxbig> [build prof=P/W spe=11+1+1 comma=8+1 lea=11+1][Optional][Optional]["Save Yourselves!" (Luxon)]["There's Nothing to Fear!"][Ebon Battle Standard of Honor]["For Great Justice!"][Focused Anger][Aggressive Refrain][/build] </pvxbig>
- Add Spear of Lightning for good attack skill for general use.
- Add Swift Javelin if running in team with orders/aegis chains etc.
- Add "Go For The Eyes!" for greater energy management. (The additional damage is insignificant against high-level foes.)
- Add Anthem of Flame or Anthem of Weariness to keep up AR outside of battle as well as provide additional damage or defense.
- Swap Ebon Battle Standard of Honor for Spear of Fury for adrenaline instead of damage buffing.
- Against Demons in Nightfall, take Lightbringer Signet for instantly charged "SY!" and energy management.
- Centurion's/Survivor's/Radiant Insignia on all pieces.
- Rune of Superior Vigor.
- Rune of Clarity.
- Rune of Attunement.
- Vampiric/Zealous/Sundering 15^50 Spear of Fortitude and a -20% Blind Command Shield of Fortitude.
- +15/-1energy Staff in case you are low on energy.
- If you can afford a Req.7, 15AL command shield, drop command to 6+1, and put an extra point into spear mastery.
- Use Focused Anger; while recharging, use "For Great Justice!"
- Keep "Save Yourselves!" and "There's Nothing to Fear!" up as much as possible.
- Use your attack skills for damage.
- Place Ebon Battle Standard of Honor strategically to increase your and allies damage.
- Anti-shout skills such as Vocal Minority
- Anti-adrenaline hexes such as Soothing Images
- Blind/Missing, Blocking, and Hexes that trigger on attacks
- Add Wild Throw instead of one of the attack skills to get through blocking stances.
- Add Hexbreaker Aria to combat hexes in caster parties. Maintaining "Save Yourselves!" should be prioritized over Hex Removal, but you can still manage both.
- Add "Fall Back!" to decrease time spent during the run between mobs with an expense of losing some DPS. Not recommended when running with balanced team.
- Invest in Tactics instead of Command and add "To the Limit!" to get "Save Yourselves!" charged instantaneously should your party encounter foes in greater numbers than 3. It is also useful if your attacking is disabled (blind, blurred vision etc).
- Playing this with an Arcane Orders Dervish hero is optimal. In this situation, Spear of Lightning should not be taken.
- A Sunspear Rank of at least 8 is preferable. If using Spear of Fury, your Kurzick/Luxon rank should be at least 3.
- "There's Nothing to Fear!" and "Save Yourselves!", as well as "Go for the Eyes!", do affect bone minions, creating a good defense and offense at the front line in battle for PvE.