The PvXwiki community finds this to be an important part of the metagame.
If you disagree with this rating, please discuss it on the build's talk page.
This build has been designed for the following use:
The Imbagon gives constant damage reduction to your party using powerful PvE-only skills and deals decent damage with its spear.
Attributes and Skills
<pvxbig> [build prof=P/W spe=11+1+1 comma=8+1 lea=11+1][Optional][Optional]["Save Yourselves!" (Kurzick)]["There's Nothing to Fear!"][Ebon Battle Standard of Honor]["For Great Justice!"][Focused Anger][Aggressive Refrain][/build] </pvxbig> The alternative with Luxon skills has the following Skill Template: <pvxbig> [build prof=P/W spe=11+1+1 comma=8+1 lea=11+1][Optional][Optional]["Save Yourselves!" (Luxon)]["There's Nothing to Fear!"][Ebon Battle Standard of Honor]["For Great Justice!"][Focused Anger][Aggressive Refrain][/build] </pvxbig>
- Add [[Spear of Lightning@13] for good attack skill for general use.
- Add [[Swift Javelin@13] if running in team with orders/aegis chains etc.
- Add [["Go for the Eyes!"@9] for greater energy management. (The additional damage is insignificant against high-level foes)
- Add [[Anthem of Flame@12] or [[Anthem of Weariness@9] to keep up AR outside of battle instead of relying on [["There's Nothing To Fear!"], as well as provide additional damage or defense.
- For an alternative shout to AR, consider [["They're on Fire!"@12], since it doesn't require you to stop moving (though the extra damage reduction is often unnecessary).
- Add [["We Shall Return!"@9] and [[Blazing Spear@13] (replace Blazing Spear for [[Merciless Spear@13] if fighting Destroyers or Fire Elementals).
- Swap [[Ebon Battle Standard of Honor] for [[Spear of Fury] for adrenaline instead of damage buffing.
- Against Demons in Nightfall, take [[Lightbringer Signet] for instantly charged "SY!" and energy management.
- Centurion's or Survivor's Insignia on all pieces.
- Rune of Superior Vigor.
- Rune of Clarity.
- Optional: Have a +1+3 Leadership headpiece on for casting AR.
- Vampiric/Zealous/Sundering 15^50 Spear of Fortitude and a -20% Blind Command Shield of Fortitude.
- +15/-1energy Staff in case you are low on energy.
- Alternate [[Focused Anger@12] and [["For Great Justice!"] .
- Keep [["Save Yourselves!"] and [["There's Nothing to Fear!"] up as much as possible.
- Use your attack skills for damage.
- Place [[Ebon Battle Standard of Honor] strategically to increase you and your allies' damage.
- Anti-shout skills such as [[Vocal Minority], [[Roaring Winds], and [[Well of Silence].
- Anti-adrenaline hexes such as [[Soothing Images] .
- Blind/Missing, Blocking, and Hexes that trigger on attacks.
- Replace [[Aggressive Refrain@12] with [[Flurry] for more intensive play, but higher IAS. (Not recommended for beginner imbagons)
- Add [[Wild Throw@13] instead of one of the attack skills to get through blocking stances.
- Add [[Hexbreaker Aria@12] to combat hexes in caster parties. Maintaining [["Save Yourselves!"] should be prioritized over Hex Removal, but you can still manage both.
- Add [["Fall Back!"@9] to decrease time spent during the run between mobs with an expense of losing some DPS. Not recommended when running with balanced team.
- Invest 8 pts in Tactics (or 9 if you want a Tactics shield) instead of Command and add [["To the Limit!"@8] to get [["Save Yourselves!"] charged instantaneously should your party encounter foes in greater numbers than 3. It is also useful if your attacking is disabled (Blind, Blurred Vision etc). It is also a very good skill to maintain [[Aggressive Refrain@12].
- For optimal results, your team should have a character providing [[Dark Fury] and [[Order of Pain] (such as an Ether Renewal Orders Elementalist or Arcane Orders Dervish).
- A Sunspear Rank of at least 8 is preferable. If using [[Spear of Fury], your Kurzick/Luxon rank should be at least 3.