The PvXwiki community finds this to be an excellent build.
If you disagree with this rating, please discuss it on the build's talk page.
This build has been designed for the following use:
Uses Shadow Form and assassin enchantments to negate damage, and Whirling Defense to quickly farm various areas, which include Destroyer Cores in Glint's Challenge in Normal Mode, holiday items in Snowman's Lair, or drops from Moss Dragons.
Attributes and Skills
<pvxbig> [build prof=R/A exp=12+1+1 shadow=12 Wild=3][Deadly Paradox][Shadow Form][Way of Perfection][Optional][Optional]["By Ural's Hammer!"][Whirling Defense][Storm Chaser][/build] </pvxbig> Optional skills:
- Full Blessed and Attunement runes.
- Spear/Axe/Sword of Enchanting, +5 Energy and a Shield with 10 AL vs. Piercing damage.
Destroyer Core Farming
- When you enter run in between the two groups of dwarves, stand slightly more to the right, and wait for Destroyers to come. Once the Destroyers have killed one of the three dwarves on both sides, Cast Way of the Master and Way of Perfection. Once a second Stone Summit has been killed, begin maintaining Shadow Form. Cast Mental Block if you chose to bring it.
- Be sure to maintain aggro of all destoyers so the Baby Dragon doesn't get killed. If anything does attack the Baby Dragon (Which shouldn't happen if you stand were you are supposed to), just kill it with Whirling Defense.
- Maintain Shadow Form, Way of the Master, and Way of Perfection at all times, and use Storm Chaser for energy management.
- Once all of the destroyers from the first wave have gathered (at around 3:05), begin to ball them together. One part of the group is entirely composed of Ritualists, while the other is made up of Rangers. Ball them up by running up the hill, then inside the "cave".
- Once everything has been balled, run into the enemies, and wait until you have a good chance to use Whirling Defense. A good time to cast it is when all of your Enchantments are up, and you're at full energy, then immediately after you recast Shadow Form.
- Once you are ready, use "By Ural's Hammer!" and Whirling Defense at the same time. There should be no Destroyers left standing after about 3-5 seconds.
Snowman's Lair in HM
- Enter the Secret Lair of the Snowmen.
- Storm Chaser is used as an IMS and as energy managment.
- Get bounty and use Deadly Paradox followed by Shadow Form and WoTM. Make sure to upkeep SF and WoTM at all times. Aggro first wave, and run forward to pop the second wave, which will run forward and aggro.
- Run back to the large door, then turn around and hug the right wall until the snowmen all stack.
- Angry Snowman uses Ice Fort, make sure to wait for it to run out before casting whirling.
- Run next to the snowmen, cast "BUH" followed by Whirling Defense. Stand still.
- Watch snowmen melt into the ground and pick up drops.
- If clearing the entire dungeon, bring a condition removal monk with greater conflagration for faster melting, as well as anti-daze.
Moss Dragons in HM
- You will need "A New Escort" quest for the Moss Dragons to spawn.
- Start outside St. Anjeka's Shrine and head to the Moss Dragons.
- Maintain Shadow Form, Shroud of Distress, and Way of the Master, and aggro the three groups.
- Pull them into a ball along the cliff side.
- Use Storm Chaser to keep energy up.
- Once they are balled, use Whirling Defense and BUH.
- Collect drops and repeat.
- Not having enough energy/Failing to maintain Shadow Form.
- Poor timing.
- Losing aggro (usually happens when you try to ball while under the effects of Storm Chaser).