The PvXwiki community finds this to be an excellent build.
If you disagree with this rating, please discuss it on the build's talk page.
This build has been designed for the following use:
| This build is part of the current PvP meta. |
Remove this tag if it no longer exists in the current PvP metagame.
The Magebane Shot Ranger uses Magebane Shot along with other ranger skills to interrupt and disable many skills an enemy may attempt to activate, while using skills from the Wilderness Survival line to stay alive and Mending Touch to remove conditions.
Attributes and Skills
<pvxbig> [build prof=R/Mo name="Magebane Shot Ranger" exp=12+1+1 mark=9+1 wil=9+1 pro=3][Magebane Shot][Distracting Shot][Needling Shot][optional][Apply Poison][Natural Stride][Mending Touch][Resurrection Signet][/build]
- [[Pin Down@10] for Cripple.
- [[Point Blank Shot@14] for a Spike assist.
- [[Debilitating Shot@10] for energy denial.
- A Poisonous Recurve Bow of fortitude with "Strength and Honor" inscription.
- A 15% -5 Poisonous Recurve of Fortitude if running Purge.
- A Poisonous Longbow of Fortitude for hitting skills that enemies use before engaging (Aegis, Apply Poison).
- A Poisonous Flatbow of Fortitude for taking out Archers.
- A Spear/Shield +60 health defensive set with selection of shields.
- Maintain Apply Poison to spread Poison on your targets, and to cover any other conditions you (or allies) may apply.
- Use Needling Shot to spread Poison quickly.
- Target casters; primarily those that will have long-casting skills or will be a danger to your success, and begin hitting them with your attack skills.
- Do not spam the interrupts randomly, no matter how tempting it may be. Wait until the target is using a skill before interrupting it, otherwise you could be left with them recharging when an opportunity comes up.
- Use Mending Touch to remove conditions.
- Use Natural Stride for blocking and an IMS, use it to protect yourself from interrupts while using Apply Poison.
- Resurrect fallen allies with Resurrection Signet.
- Any anti-physical that you're unable to disable.