The PvXwiki community finds this to be an excellent build.
If you disagree with this rating, please discuss it on the build's talk page.
This build has been designed for the following use:
The Explosive Creation build deals damage throughout and upon the creation, life, and death of animated minions. This build takes advantage of Spawning Power's ability to affect minion creation as well as spirits.
Attributes and Skills
<pvxbig> [build prof=ritua/necro spawni=12+1+3 deathm=12 restor=3+1][boon of creation][explosive growth][animate bone minions][optional][death nova][blood of the master][optional][flesh of my flesh][/build] </pvxbig>
- Optional 1 should be:
- Signet of Creation for extra energy if you are not using Signet of Spirits.
- Animate Shambling Horror if you are not using Jagged Bones.
- Energetic Was Lee Sa if you are having Energy management issues.
- Enfeebling Blood to spread Weakness on enemies.
- Feast for the Dead or Taste of Death if you are using Animate Flesh Golem.
- Infuse Condition or Putrid Bile are recommended for General PvE.
- Spirit's Gift is particulary effective with Aura of the Lich.
- Rupture Soul if you are using Signet of Spirits.
- Possible Weapon set options:
- An Insightful staff of Enchanting, possibly with an Inscription of "Aptitude, Not Attitude", which gives HCT of Death Magic (20%)
- A weapon/focus combo:
- Best Vigor rune possible and superior Spawning Power. All other minor runes to conserve health.
- Survivor or Radiant Insignia. Runes of Vitae and/or Attunement are also recommended.
- Create Bone Minions when you already have a Flesh Golem. This doubles the Explosive Growth damage and provides two targets for Death Nova. With Boon of Creation, this skill almost entirely recovers its energy cost upon successful cast.
- Use Blood of the Master to keep minions alive between battles.
- Use Death Nova on yourself as a cover enchantment in disenchantment-heavy areas.
Check General minion mastery guide for an in depth discussion of minion usage.
- Enchantment removal.
- Corpse denial, including faster-casting Well spells.
- Holy Damage, which causes double damage against undead creatures.
- High-powered Area of Effect damage, easily dispatching the low-level minions before they come into Death Nova range.
- Use Shambling Horrors and/or Jagged Bones for longer lasting (and renewable) undead followers and to trigger Explosive Growth and Boon of Creation when they die and create Jagged Horrors.
- Use Taste of Death, Putrid Flesh or Feast for the Dead instead of Signet of Creation to focus on killing off specific minions, specifically the Flesh Golem to create a new one, to trigger Death Nova when required, and to self-heal.
- Use Generous Was Tsungrai with a few extra points towards Restoration when low on health and immediately drop to heal.
- Reduce Spawning Power, increase Restoration, and add spirits such as Recuperation (breakpoint 4 ranks) to help your teammates and minions last longer.
- If a resurrection skill is necessary, leave out Blood of the Master. If you increase Restoration, take Flesh of My Flesh.
- Use Rotting Flesh to spread disease, Bitter Chill for spammable damage, Vile Miasma for damage and degen, Deathly Swarm for groups of enemies, or Putrid Bile / Rising Bile for alternate AoE spikes.
- Swap out Blood of the Master for Spirit's Gift.
- Swap out Signet of Creation for Spirit Light or Putrid Bile if using Heroes.
- Swap out Flesh Golem/Aura of the Lich for Reclaim Essence (bring along a spirit), Spirit Channeling, or Attuned Was Songkai for superior Energy management.
- Various PvE-only skills, such as Necrosis, Ebon Battle Standard of Honor and Ebon Battle Standard of Wisdom may be effective.