|This article might need to be rewritten.|
The PvXwiki community finds this to be an excellent build.
If you disagree with this rating, please discuss it on the build's talk page.
This build has been designed for the following use:
| This build is part of the current PvE meta. |
Remove this tag if it is no longer used in the current PvE meta.
This build is simply to have a pure Spirit Wrangler Ritualist: to support the team with focused armor-ignoring damage. It takes advantage of the extremely powerful Kurzick/Luxon skill, Summon Spirits, to move around your spirits. Combined with spirit attacks triggering Painful Bond, this will inflict significant damage to the one being attacked.
Attributes and Skills
The Kurzick Template Code: <pvxbig> [build prof=Rt/? com=12+3 cha=11+1+3 spa=6+1][Painful Bond][Signet of Spirits][Pain][Vampirism][Bloodsong][Anguish][Summon Spirits (Kurzick)][Spirit Siphon][/build] </pvxbig> The Luxon Template Code: OACjAyiM5QVTXTfT+glTRbDgMTA
- Insignias on armor: You are free to choose between Radiant (Energy), Survivor (Health), or Shaman (Armor while controlling spirits) Insignia Armor.
- If you choose to use Superior Rune, highly recommend usage of survivor (details at Notes).
- Staff that reduces recharge time or increases maximum energy like Staff of the Forgotten.
- Summon most of your spirits before entering battle. For spirits with a shorter lifespan such as Anguish, wait until enemies are nearby before you cast. Once the enemies are within attack-range, initiate aggro and call targets followed by casting Summon Spirits.
- Recast any spirits if necessary, and try -not- to draw aggro upon them.
- Cast Painful Bond on enemies or Bosses as it recharges (preferably on groups). Spirits often prioritize uncalled targets with the lowest health (use this behavior to your advantage). Use any energy management skills you have to manage your energy.
- Spam Spirit Siphon for energy management. Cast it near a fresh spirit for a guaranteed high energy boost.
- If you are under melee attack, you can Summon Spirits or Signet of Spirits and back away. This will create the Wall of Spirits to protect you. However, remember that spirits will die fairly quickly -- even with Armor of Unfeeling's damage reduction -- so do not gain a false sense of security. Also, if you are using fragile spirits or spirits that die quickly before its recharge, use this method sparingly and cautiously.
- Use Summon Spirits to evacuate and heal any spirits that are under attack.
- AoE on your spirits will cause huge damage on them. Run out of AoE area and cast Summon Spirits to rescue them.
- → The following skills will instant kill Spirits:
- Other Elite Skill Options:
- Assassin's Promise → For better energy-management and insurance, in case your spirits are destroyed. Also makes spamming of Painful Bond possible.
- Signet of Ghostly Might → Consider using when partying with another ritualist (such as SoS Resto-Rit), especially if you're in need of increased firepower and energy isn't an issue.
- Weapon of Quickening → For faster recharge times and support for other casters in the party. Recommended for spirits with short lifespans and/or long recharge times.
- Additional spirits can be used in place of the ones included (such as Anguish):
- Wanderlust → For anti-boss knockdown.
- Earthbind → Synergy with Wanderlust.
- Gaze of Fury → For anti-spirit support.
- Disenchantment → For anti-enchantment support.
- Dissonance → For anti-caster interrupts.
- Shadowsong → For anti-melee shutdown.
- Agony → For massive PBAoE damage-over-time. Does not synergize with Painful Bond.
- Destruction → For massive PBAoE instant direct-damage. Does not synergize with Painful Bond.
- Soothing → For anti-adrenaline support. Does not synergize with Painful Bond.
- Restoration → For resurrection support. Does not synergize with Painful Bond.
- When carrying other/more spirits -- or using Signet of Ghostly Might -- changing the highest attribute from Channeling to Communing and/or increasing Spawning Power may be advisable.
- Weapon spells can be used for additional party support. Vital Weapon for additional health, Great Dwarf Weapon for knockdown support, and Splinter Weapon for AoE-damage.
- Hex spells can be used for additional party support. Lamentation for massive AoE pressure, Dulled Weapon for damage-reduction, and Binding Chains for quick snare-burst.
- Lightning Damage s can be used for additional party support. Spirit Rift for massive AoE pressure, Spirit Boon Strike for additional healing, and Gaze from Beyond for reliable shutdown.
- Boon of Creation, Explosive Growth, Spirit's Gift synergizes extremely with with SoS (and Spirit Lording in general). Also consider Damage reduction such as Armor of Unfeeling or Spiritleech Aura for lifestealing.
- Spirit Light will provide a fair amount of heal even at 1 Restoration. Mend Body and Soul provides spammable condition-removals. Allied healing such as Spirit to Flesh can be used as a powerful PBAoE heal for your spirits.
- PvE-only skills such as Ebon Vanguard Assassin Support, Tryptophan Signet and "You Move Like a Dwarf!" are great for aggro and snaring foes that threaten your spirits. "Finish Him!" and Pain Inverter are perfect for finishing off bosses that refuse to die.
- Resurrection skill such as Flesh of My Flesh.
- Damage buffs such as "Find Their Weakness!".
- You can use superior runes for this build to yield small but higher damage/energy management. (Be aware that monsters in PvE tend to target people with the lowest maximum health.)
- By conservative estimates, this build deals between 400-700+ damage towards any single foe -- on average 100+ damage-per-second -- over a period of 5+ seconds. (Depending on you choice of elites, spirits and/or runes.)
- With practiced targeting and proper party coordination, it can be quite common to spike-kill any unprotected non-boss foe with the initial volley-attack.
- The real big advantage here versus other spirit wrangler builds is that you do not need time to build up your firebase-killzone. (The damage source is there fully when you need it).
- Build:Any/Rt Norn Tournament Spirit Farmer
- Build:Rt/any Defensive Spirits
- Build:Rt/Me SoS Restoration Rit