The PvXwiki community finds this to be an excellent build.
If you disagree with this rating, please discuss it on the build's talk page.
This build has been designed for the following use:
| This build is part of the current PvE meta. |
Remove this tag if it is no longer used in the current PvE meta.
This build is simply to have a pure Spirit Wrangler Ritualist: to support the team with focused armor-ignoring damage. It takes advantage of the extremely powerful Kurzick/Luxon skill, Summon Spirits, to move around your spirits. Combined with spirit attacks triggering Painful Bond, this will inflict significant damage. It's extremely useful for Hard Mode and Vanquishing, especially when paired with a Minion Master.
Attributes and Skills
The Kurzick Template Code: <pvxbig> [build prof=Rt/? com=12+3 cha=11+1+3 spa=6+1][Painful Bond][Signet of Spirits][Pain][Vampirism][Bloodsong][Anguish][Summon Spirits (Kurzick)][Spirit Siphon][/build] </pvxbig> The Luxon Template Code: OACjAyiM5QVTXTfT+glTRbDgMTA
- Insignias on armor: You are free to choose between Radiant (Energy) Insignia, Survivor (Health) Insignia, or Shaman (Armor) Insignia.
- Staff that reduces spell recharge time or increases maximum energy like Staff of the Forgotten.
- Summon your cheap/long lasting spirits before entering battle. For spirits with a shorter lifespan such as Anguish, wait until enemies are nearby before you cast. Once foes are within attack-range, call targets followed by casting Summon Spirits. Recast any spirits if necessary. Do -NOT- to draw aggro upon them.
- Cast Painful Bond on groups of foes and Bosses as it recharges. Spirits will prioritize uncalled targets with the lowest health; use this behavior to your advantage to cast Painful Bond. Use Siphon Spirits for energy management on summoned spirits; combine with Signet of Spirits for a high energy boost.
- Use Summon Spirits to evacuate and heal any spirits that are under attack. If you are under melee attack, you can Summon Spirits or Signet of Spirits and back away. This will creates a Wall of Spirits to block the attacking foe; however, spirits will die quickly so use this tactic sparingly. Destruction and Agony are effective spirits for this tactic.
- AoE on your spirits will cause huge damage on them. Run out of AoE area and cast Summon Spirits to rescue them.
- Anti-summoned creature skills that can spike-kill spirits. (i.e. Banish, Consume Soul, Spiritual Pain, etc.)
- Signet of Ghostly Might → Take if another Spirit Lord ritualist is bringing Signet Of Spirits.
- Additional spirits can be used in place of the ones included (such as Anguish):
- Wanderlust → For anti-boss knockdown.
- Earthbind → Synergy with Wanderlust.
- You can use superior runes for this build to yield small but higher damage/energy management. (Be aware that monsters in PvE tend to target people with the lowest maximum health.)
- By conservative estimates, this build deals between 400-700+ damage towards any single foe -- on average 100+ damage-per-second -- over a period of 5+ seconds. (Depending on you choice of elites, spirits and/or runes.)
- With practiced targeting and proper party coordination, it can be quite common to spike-kill any unprotected non-boss foe with the initial volley-attack.
- The real big advantage here versus other spirit wrangler builds is that you do not need time to build up your firebase-killzone. (The damage source is there fully when you need it).
- Build:Any/Rt Norn Tournament Spirit Farmer
- Build:Rt/any Defensive Spirits
- Build:Rt/Me SoS Restoration Rit