The PvXwiki community finds this to be an important part of the metagame.
If you disagree with this rating, please discuss it on the build's talk page.
This build has been designed for the following use:
This build uses the defensive and aggressive skills and abilities of Paragons to go through PvE without much troubles.
Team Composition Edit
Hero equipment Edit
- All paragons should have Centurion's insignia on all pieces. All other characters should have Survivor runes on all pieces.
- All characters should have a Rune of Superior Vigor. Paragons should seriously consider a Rune of Clarity.
- Any extra rune slots should be filled with Vitae runes.
- All paragons should have a shield to reduce blind duration (such as Eye of Argon).
- All characters should take Fortitude mods on their weapons, except where noted otherwise.
- Paragons should have 15^50% inscriptions and furious spearheads on their weapons.
- Casters should have +5e or HCT 20% inscriptions on their weapons.
Imbagon Player Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=P/W spear=11+1+1 leader=11+1 command=8+1][Optional][vicious attack][save yourselves!][there's nothing to fear!][ebon battle standard of honor][for great justice!][focused anger][aggressive refrain][/build] </pvxbig>
See Build:P/W Imbagon for more information.
- Can also be played by Build:P/A Dagger Spammer, Build:P/D Scythe Spammer and Build:W/any PvE Dragon Slash Warrior.
Commandagon Hero Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=P/W spear=10+1+1 leader=10+2 command=11+1][Anthem of Weariness][Vicious Attack][Stunning Strike][Bladeturn Refrain]["Fall Back!"][Anthem of Envy]["Go for the Eyes!"][Aggressive Refrain][/build] </pvxbig>
- A Furious spear is crucial here - no substitute is anywhere near as effective.
Utility Paragon (x2) Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=P/any spear=10+1 leader=11+1 motiva=10+1+1][Chorus of Restoration][Wild Throw][Blazing Spear][Finale of Restoration][Ballad of Restoration][Optional][Aggressive Refrain][Signet of Return][/build] Choose your elite based on the area:
- [[Empathic Removal] for most areas.
- [[Defensive Anthem@12] if your midline/backline tends to die to melee.
- [[Song of Restoration@12] if you simply need lots of healing (due to life steal, health degeneration, etc).
- [[Song of Purification@12] for especially condition-heavy areas.
- [[Expel Hexes] for especially hex-heavy areas.
- [["The Power Is Yours!"@12] for areas with significant energy denial. (Remember that your paragons have essentially infinite energy under most circumstances.)
While normally a defensive character, some areas may render defensive elites on these characters unnecessary. In those cases, consider:
- [["Coward!"] to deal with kiting foes (who might otherwise dodge spear attacks, among other things).
- [[Cruel Spear@11] for normal mode or similarly simple areas.
For alternative methods of enchantment removal, consider:
- [[Rend Enchantments@1]
- [[Rip Enchantment@1]
- While Rend Enchantments is often superior to [[Shatter Storm], the later allows you to bring some of the above Mesmer skills.
- [[Vicious Attack@11] for deep wound.
- [[Swift Javelin@11] for an attack that should never miss.
- [[Merciless Spear@11] if you want a "guaranteed" deep wound.
- [["Go for the Eyes!"@1] if you're not worried about damage output but want more Finale of Restoration triggers.
- You can also micro this with Vicious Attack if necessary.
- [[Spear of Redemption@11] for a self blind removal. (You may have to micro this.)
- [[Holy Spear@11] if you're expecting to have trouble with minions. Remember that you have an excellent source of daze from the commandagon.
- [[Disrupting Throw] for areas where foes use rez skills or other strong which annoy you.
Orders Hero Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=E/N energy=12+1+1 blood=12 curse=3][Ether Renewal][Aura of Restoration][Dark Fury@14][Order of Pain@14][Blood Bond@14][Weaken Armor@5][Optional][Awaken the Blood][/build]
- +20% enchantment duration staff
SoS Hero Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=Rt/? res=12+1 cha=12+1+1 spawn=3+1][Signet of Spirits][Bloodsong][Optional][Splinter Weapon][Spirit Siphon][Mend Body and Soul][Protective Was Kaolai][Flesh of My Flesh][/build]
- [[Ancestor's Rage@14] if you have a human melee to get in the middle of mobs. (Micro this.)
- Micro [[Mend Body and Soul@13] if an ally gets a dangerous condition (daze, etc) and the hero doesn't immediately remove it.
- For the areas with lots of hexes [[Cure Hex], [[Remove Hex] or [[Smite Hex] can be taken.
- Low energy set (spear and shield) so there isn't a big difference in energy when PwK is used.
Minion Bomber Hero Edit
<pvxbig> [build prof=N/Mo Death=12+3+1 soul=8+1 prot=10][Jagged Bones][Animate Bone Minions][Death Nova][Putrid Bile][Optional][Convert Hexes][Aegis][Masochism][/build]
- 40/40 Death Magic set
- Bloodstained insignia
- Set all heroes to guard mode.
- You will need to micro Aggressive Refrain, though hopefully only once.
- Anti-melee, anti-adrenaline, and anti-shout hexes like [[Empathy], [[Soothing Images], [[Ineptitude], [[Insidious Parasite], [[Meekness] or [[Vocal Minority].
- Spirits are affected by Anthem of Envy.