The PvXwiki community finds this to be an important part of the metagame.
If you disagree with this rating, please discuss it on the build's talk page.
This build has been designed for the following use:
A powerful team build that is intended to roll its opponents in less than two minutes. New players be warned!
3 Avatar of Melandru DervishesEdit
<pvxbig> [build prof=D/W scythe=12+1+1 mystic=12+1][Avatar of Melandru][Wearying Strike][Victorious Sweep][Mystic Sweep][Wild Blow][Rush@0][Heart of Fury][Resurrection Signet][/build] </pvxbig> OR <pvxbig> [build prof=D/A scythe=12+1+1 mystic=12+1 deadly=3][Avatar of Melandru][Wearying Strike][Victorious Sweep][Mystic Sweep][Disrupting Dagger][Dash][Heart of Fury][Resurrection Signet][/build] </pvxbig>
1 Me/Mo SmiterEdit
<pvxbig> [build prof=mes/mon smiting=12 fastcas=9+1 inspir=9+1+1 healin=3][Signet of Removal][Strength of Honor][Judge's Insight][Mantra of Inscriptions][Smite Hex][auspicious incantation][balthazar's aura][Resurrection Chant][/build] </pvxbig>
1 Me/N TainterEdit
<pvxbig> [build prof=mes/necr deathma=10 fastcas=8+1 inspira=12+1+1][Tainted Flesh][Rotting Flesh][Signet of Humility][Power Drain][Ether Phantom][Drain Delusions][Mirror of Disenchantment@0][Resurrection Signet][/build] </pvxbig>
1 SoD MonkEdit
<pvxbig> [build prof=Mo/E Prot=12+1+1 Heal=9+1 Divine=9+1][Glyph of Lesser Energy][Shield of Deflection][Reversal of Fortune] [Gift of Health][Spirit Bond][Dismiss Condition][Holy Veil][Aegis][/build] </pvxbig>
1 WoH MonkEdit
<pvxbig> [build prof=Mo/A HealingPrayers=12+1+1 DivineFavor=10+1 ProtectionPrayers=8+1 ShadowArts=2] [Reversal of Fortune][Word of Healing][dwaynas kiss][Infuse Health][Protective Spirit][Dismiss Condition][Holy Veil][Return][/build] </pvxbig>
1 Mo/E Life Barrier FlaggerEdit
<pvxbig> [build prof=mo/e prot=12+1+1 div=12+1][Life Barrier][Holy Veil][Reversal of Fortune][Dismiss Condition][Blessed Signet][Glyph of Lesser Energy@0][Aegis][Resurrection Signet][/build] </pvxbig>
- Optional Insignia on the Dervishes, take something sensible. Bring a Sundering/Fortitude Scythe and a high-energy set to recast AoM.
- Pretty standard caster weapon set (high-e, low-e, defensive, HSR/HCT sets) for the Smiter and the Tainter. Insignia of choice; again, be smart about it.
- Same weapon for the Monks as the above casters. Survivor Insignia provides a measure of defense against every kind of damage, so wear this.
- Bond up the Dervishes.
- Annihilate your opponents at the flagstand.
- Continue towards the Guild Lord.
- If your opponent splits against you, just push for their Guild Lord. You will be able to kill him long before they are able to do any real damage to your NPCs.
Build Specific RolesEdit
- Activate your Avatar where it will be safe from Ranger interrupts. Spam your scythe attacks for mass Deep Wound and lots of damage. Interrupt skills or strip stances according to your secondary profession.
- Same as above.
- Maintain your bonds on the Dervishes, while keeping them free of hexes at the same time.
- Spread Tainted Flesh throughout your team. Aside from its obvious benefit in this build, it provides a buffer against Mirror of Disenchantment-removal of your more important enchantments (JI, SoH, LB, HV). Use Mirror of Disenchantment to strip an opponents' Aegis.
- Heal your team. Ensure that their health bars never drop too low, as your teammates help manage hexes and conditions. You or the other non-flagger Monk can return to your base in defense of a split.
- Return to base to defend against splits. Note that Dwayna's Kiss is extremely powerful in this build (because of the many enchantments).
- A 3-step guide to running a flag with a Life Barrier Monk! (Courtesy of Ensign)
- Step 1: Beat the hell out of their team and their flagger until they are forced to cap first.
- Step 2: Walk the flag in with the Barrier Monk while continuing to use Blessed Signet on recharge.
- Step 3: When their flagger comes back with another flag, kill him and return it.
- Repeat Step 3 until they rout to their boat. Then kill all their dudes and their Guild Lord. Remember kids, if you kill their flagger you don't have to run flags!
- A major variant would be to run a Mesmer or Necromancer oriented around enchantment removal. This would allow your Dervishes to deal the most damage that they can, regardless of whatever prots the opposing Monks throw up. An example skill bar would be:
<pvxbig> [build prof=necr/e curses=12+1+1 soulr=12+1][Corrupt Enchantment][Rip Enchantment][Faintheartedness][Glyph of Lesser Energy@0][Suffering][Signet of Lost Souls][Parasitic Bond][Resurrection Signet][/build] </pvxbig>
- Note that if you bring any serious hexers, your Dervishes can bring Rending Sweep.
- The flagger may also run as a Mo/Me. An example bar can be seen below:
<pvxbig> [build prof=monk/mesm protectionpra=12+1+1 divinefa=9+1 inspir=9][Life Barrier][Blessed Signet][Ether Signet][Holy Veil][Mantra of Inscriptions][Shielding Hands][Aegis][Optional][/build] </pvxbig>
- The two non-flagger monks are very flexible, and are not central to the build.
- The Smiter Mesmer can bring Signet of Humility if you feel you will need it against what you expect your opponent to run.