The PvXwiki community finds this to be an excellent build.
If you disagree with this rating, please discuss it on the build's talk page.
This build has been designed for the following use:
| This build is part of the current PvE meta. |
Remove this tag if it is no longer used in the current PvE meta.
Attributes and Skills
<pvxbig> [build prof=warri/any streng=12+2 swords=12+1+1][Dragon Slash][brawling headbutt][Whirlwind Attack]["Save Yourselves!"]["For Great Justice!"][flail][enraging charge][asuran scan][/build] </pvxbig>
- Optional should be:
- Optional 2 should be:
- Sentry's Insignia with Superior Vigor and Absorption runes.
- A sword and shield of your choice; Furious sword hilts and "while stanced" shields are particularly useful.
- As you approach the enemy, activate Enraging Charge to quickly obtain melee range. This will give you an initial burst of adrenaline as you enter the fray. Try to set yourself up near multiple enemies so you can switch quickly from foe to foe in mid-battle.
- The adrenaline gained from Enraging Charge allows you to activate Flail as soon as you strike your first target.
- Chain your attacks, using Dragon Slash to maintain adrenaline.
- When there are no more targets in your immediate area, you can use Enraging Charge to cancel Flail and quickly move to the next target. If you are engaged in a protracted melee, Enraging Charge can be used to gain a few extra strikes of adrenaline instead.
- If you are fighting a target that will run around or are fighting enemies that will quickly be dispatched, avoid using Flail. The slower movement speed can reduce your DPS in these situations and becomes not worth the IAS boost.
- Standard anti-melee counters
- In high-level Nightfall PvE areas, consider adding Lightbringer's Gaze.
- Take Enduring Harmony to lengthen duration of your shouts.
- Plague Touch or Mending Touch for condition removal.
- Distracting Blow, Distracting Strike, or Savage Slash for an interrupt.
- "Shields Up!" or "Watch Yourself!" can be used for a party-wide buff, but you would have to take a few points of strength and invest them in tactics.
- Purge Signet works very well as an optional skill as the energy it takes is not generally needed if locked on a target.
- "Dodge This!" for a little damage boost and an unblockable attack.
- "You Move Like a Dwarf!" or Brawling Headbutt, in conjunction with Knee Cutter, can provide a quick way to build adrenaline.
- Take Low Blow to increase damage outputt and inflict your target with Cracked Armor, Flail has to be active to build up the adrenaline point and use Low Blow while your target is knocked down. Possible to swap "Save Yourselves!" with Distracting Strike to interupt your target.
- Avoid using Dragon Slash on a nearly dead foe that is being targeted heavily by your allies. Sometimes, that enemy will drop in mid-swing, causing your Dragon Slash to fizzle; your damage output will be lowered until you regain the ten strikes of adrenaline needed by Dragon Slash if this occurs.