I was surprised to not see this build on the wiki, so here it is. --Mala 13:47, 4 January 2008 (EST)
- And I have to say fears of Wizardboy's build purging runs pushing this off RC real quick came true. --Mala 14:02, 4 January 2008 (EST)
So far, heros seem to use this build well. Ideally, you want a warrior/paragon-heavy group, because the added adrenaline is pretty considerable. Zubey 14:37, 22 January 2008 (EST)
- Yeah, I run it when I play a paragon and bring this with 2 hero paras... I think I take some war henchies too. :p Btw if anyone sees this is it good to go into testing? I don't want it to die as abandoned, lol. --Mala 12:34, 23 January 2008 (EST)
- I'd give it a positive vote. Zubey 18:03, 23 January 2008 (EST)
Not very gud for heroes, they aren't smart with arcane. Decent for humans but in PvE you don't need a sturdy orders like this, this is more pvp tbh. Swiftslash \\ (contributions *sandbox) 11:52, 28 January 2008 (EST)
- Err.. Why would I waste my elite when I just could use Masochism for energy management? --GuildofDeals 15:12, 28 January 2008 (EST)
- Because this has hax party healing. And about heroes, I never notice them without energy. I dunno, its just something I've seen around, and I use it. If you were gonna take it as a flagger, I don't suppose you'd have to change much (just add featherfoot or something) --Mala 15:20, 28 January 2008 (EST)
Mirror of Disenchantment isn't a counter. The orders go right back up in five seconds. Kabu To 15:22, 28 January 2008 (EST)
- Then go N/D with Masochism and Mystic Healing. Although we already have one, I thought. --GuildofDeals 15:43, 28 January 2008 (EST)
- You do kinda have a point there. --Mala 15:54, 28 January 2008 (EST)
wow... i've never seen a dervish like this. Good build, the heroes seem to be taking to it well xD BalthazarsChampion 10:56, 8 February 2008 (EST)
Heh, I forgot about this (again lolz). Anyway, Shadowsin, I'd like you to revote after fully reading the skills, Dark Aura is not on the bar. Oh and the purpose of the build, it's orders with party healing (and self healing, it sacs), enchants also fuelling arcane zeal and mystic healing.--Mala 13:29, 8 February 2008 (EST)
- ...Or you could just bring Masochism. Do Masochism+BiP and you get a net energy gain. Not some worthless elite that sucks all around. --GuildofDeals 10:07, 9 February 2008 (EST)
This is one of the best H/H bars in the game when combined with any sort of SY spammer be it Paragon or Warrior. The party healing combined with the defense Dark Fury adds make for an enormous defense, with two Hench monks and a physical orientated team you should be able to vanquish virtually anything. Teutonic 18:53, 10 February 2008 (EST)
- No offense, but this sucks. Go run a Necromancer with Masochism and save your bad primary profession choice and your elite. --GuildofDeals 17:21, 11 February 2008 (EST)
- Masochism is not going provide the same energy management as Mysticism + Arcane Zeal. Soul Reaping is banking on the fact that stuff is dying, and simply put if stuff is dying then that means I'm either winning or wiping. For extended fights in hard mode I would never want to rely on Soul Reaping to keep my physicals pumping out damage. The D/N heals itself and the party, maintains its energy without any assistance for any period of time, never dies (Faithful + Watchful Intervention buffer), and has access to the Windwalker's Insignia which is basically +20 AL on this character. I also find it hard to believe you would call Arcane Zeal a bad elite while endorsing the usage of Blood is Power, a skill reserved for bad players in PuGs who can't be bothered to learn energy management. Racthoh 11:35, 15 February 2008 (EST)
I like how everyone who has tested it rated it 4+ and everyone who hasn't rated it under .5. It shouldn't be a requirement to test (and it isn't) but when there's this big of a gap you have to wonder if either every high poster is an idiot or every low poster is ignorant. Shadowsin didn't even post a reason in his vote. Teutonic 08:03, 12 February 2008 (EST)
- Because any person would relize they could buff up the Order with more power AND save their elite slot with Masochism. You don't need energy overload on this, and usually, Soul Reaping + Masochism can be just as good energy. A N/D does a better job, and you could be actually more useful with BiP. --GuildofDeals 09:28, 16 February 2008 (EST)
- I notice how you cunningly ignored Racthoh's response. --Mala 10:31, 16 February 2008 (EST)
WARNING WILL ROBINSON! COMMENT BREAKDOWN! WARNING!
Masochism is not going provide the same energy management as Mysticism + Arcane Zeal: about 4-5 energy gain is about the same as AZ.
Soul Reaping is banking on the fact that stuff is dying, and simply put if stuff is dying then that means I'm either winning or wiping.: It's PvE. Stuff ALWAYS dies. Anyway, SoLS and Masochism are there.
For extended fights in hard mode I would never want to rely on Soul Reaping to keep my physicals pumping out damage.: Again, Masochism and SoLS.
The D/N heals itself and the party, maintains its energy without any assistance for any period of time, never dies (Faithful + Watchful Intervention buffer), and has access to the Windwalker's Insignia which is basically +20 AL on this character.: I doubt you'll run into the frontlines and take the damage. You don't need higher armor. You can use a N/D profession combo to provide the same heals as they, minus the crappy Mysticism ones.
I also find it hard to believe you would call Arcane Zeal a bad elite while endorsing the usage of Blood is Power, a skill reserved for bad players in PuGs who can't be bothered to learn energy management.: Wow, you apparently have NEVER heard of the power of BiP. Monks won't always be able to keep full energy, and a BiP ALWAYS helps. Lrn2playPvE.
Thing is just OoV or BiP alone will support the party about as much as this heals for (OoV keeps attackers healthy and BiP keeps monks blue bars healthy). This can't run 16 (or more) blood nor support better (or at least not alot better) than a N/D so there is no point to pick this. Swiftslash \\ (contributions *sandbox) 17:39, 28 February 2008 (EST)
- BiP = me being a happy-ass monk. And when I'm a happy-ass monk, you don't die. Unless you suck.
- But the point of this build is how well it combos with SY. When I run this on a hero while I'm on my imbagon, half the time I don't even need a primary monk. --71.229 17:42, 28 February 2008 (EST)
[build prof=Necro/Dervish Blood=12+1+3 Wind=10 Soul=8+3][Order of the Vampire][Blood Renewal][Blood Ritual][Awaken the Blood][Mystic Healing][Vow of Piety][Masochism][Sunspear Rebirth Signet][/build] </pvxbig>
- You lose 1 pt out of wind but you gain more healing (from OoV) and BR. This is basicly better IMO. Swiftslash \\ (contributions *sandbox) 17:46, 28 February 2008 (EST)
<pvxbig> [build prof=Necro/Dervish Blood=12+1+3 Wind=10 Soul=8+3][Blood is Power][Order of Pain][Dark Fury][Blood Renewal][Mystic Healing][Vow of Piety][Masochism][Resurrection Signet][/build] </pvxbig>
- After running a non-dervish orders hero for the first time I realised they die a lot more. That bar has much less survivability. OoV is nice but means you can't have fury; BiP is also nice but it's a huge sac and while heroes know how much energy you have they can be pretty fickle about using it, and then sometimes almost kill themselves. You refer to SoLS in your wall of text, that means you won't be flagging the guy back to far - mobs, especially in HM, can go for your squishies (and will with a low health guy like you recommend) and armour is good. PvE = stuff always dies? Try taking a primary necro into slavers and see how long his energy lasts- those huge mobs take a while to start dying. Masochism = AZ energy? No not really, about half. Furthermore Mysticism has this neat little trick that comes with it being a primary attribute. --Mala 15:51, 29 February 2008 (EST)
- No, just use the main bar because it's good. — Skadiddly[슴Mc슴]Diddles 16:16, 29 February 2008 (EST)
- A N/D still provides the same energy management and a more powerful elite/Blood Magic. --GuildofDeals 17:29, 29 February 2008 (EST)
- It pretty much keeps itself alive but ok. --Mala 14:20, 2 March 2008 (EST)
I've had no problems with it even with the heroes not casting watchful intervention on themselves in the beginning. Great Build for my Kahmu. Palin Oni 07:56, 8 March 2008 (EST)Palin Oni