A trapper with 3 nukers would be probably a lot more efficient than this due to the fact that 3 nukers and a trapper can do 16 rounds in 18-19 minutes while I bet this would take a bit longer.
Why two frozen grounds? Seems kinda pointless to me. 184.108.40.206 14:18, 29 July 2008 (EDT)
- --Aartist21 12:14, 10 June 2008 (EDT)its used for extra degeneration against foes that escaped some of the traps because you have 0 Marksmanship and you can't do
- noticeable (about 7 max..). There is no particular reason to use it you can replace it for any other skill that you like
- I just happened to have it so I left it there and it's work fine
"(most people don't know it but you can put more then 1 of the same trap)." - I loled :D Dumazz 07:40, 11 June 2008 (EDT)
most people SHOULD know it or they never trapped before in their life 17:09, 12 June 2008 (EDT)
TRAPPERS SPEED!! btw it would be better to instead of putting the four skills in optionl just say 1 memeber form each team has each spirit (1 has FS, 1 has QZ, 1 has EW other can have whatever)Howe304 13:14, 15 June 2008 (EDT)
<pvxbig> [build prof=ranger/Secondary wild=12+1+3 exper=12+3][Trapper's Speed][Dust Trap][Tripwire][Spike Trap][Barbed Trap][Flame Trap][optional][troll unguent][/build] </pvxbig> with each of the 4 teammates having FS, QZ, EW, Peicing Trap in the optional. Howe304 13:20, 15 June 2008 (EDT)
- take bout 2 or 3 out of expertise and add it too beast mastery.
can it be done with heroes?
- Yes it can be done on zaishen challenge easy but on zaishen elite micro managing can be difficult and you usualy wont make it past the 5th round as if you come up against the ele or degen team the heroes dont go up to the enemies and trap em and micro managing them then is neerly impossible Howe304 11:11, 16 June 2008 (EDT)
- Trap order could be better, you want longer recharging ones at the start if you use above build in order its best, they recharge on after the other.Howe304 02:57, 17 June 2008 (EDT)
i changed it alot and made it clearer and look like a real team build complete with role specific usage etc.Howe304 13:13, 17 June 2008 (EDT)
This is the standard trap team build, and has been used for aaaaaaaaages!!! It's like posting the 55 hp build now and call it original... MeSmErIzEr 05:13, 25 June 2008 (EDT)
You know you can solo trap the zaishen theres no need for a team
- yh but what happends when u come up against a load of eles? it works better in a team and you dont get elss faaction. The build isnt on PvXwiki so it nice to finally c it here.(who sed it was original) sign comments pls That Twin Tom 10:40, 25 June 2008 (EDT)
You can't solo trap Zaishen elites (which is what the first sentence says the build is for) and get the 6000 possible faction from it. You could probably go 8 rounds if you're lucky and then you'll just be overwhelmed. - PANIC! sexiness! 10:41, 25 June 2008 (EDT)
- why is this under PvE? 220.127.116.11
Why qz and ew on #2
- It does work out overall as about the same number of traps.Howe304 10:29, 26 June 2008 (EDT)
Why use Trappers speed? Serpents Quickness is better for laying down many traps (imo)
Trappers speed: spike barb/viper/smoke/flame traps are 15/1.5 traps, dust/tripwire are 23/2 traps Serpents Quidckness: spike/viper/smoke/flame traps are 13/2 traps, dust/tripwire are 20/3 traps
plus sq reduces the recharge of other skills (beside traps)
- Trapper's speed helps activation time. thus more trapping than SQ. ~ Zamanee(point out my idiocy) 00:10, 28 June 2008 (EDT)
The optional elementalist build should be changed.
|Deaths Charge||Lava Front|
Beware 20:09, 29 June 2008 (EDT)
- y deaths Charge? i dont play eles but u have used that build in Zaishen ELite before and it worked fine, if you think you have a better version by all meens change it.Howe304 02:48, 30 June 2008 (EDT)
Using a single trapper, I can defeat most teams most of the time in Zaishen challenge. The difficulty is keeping this up against Zaishen elite, where you can get faction faster, and with a lower limit per day. I forget the build I used (I'm at work now), but it had spike trap, damaging traps, viper trap, and winnowing. Max wilderness, high expertise, and the rest in beast mastery (you only really need the extra damage from poison). Spam your traps at the entrance door from the moment you spawn.
This leaves you 3 hero spots to use for better purposes, like coming up with something that works against other teams, or that works when your traps fail. 18.104.22.168 09:31, 30 June 2008 (EDT)
- for zaishen elite it can be done solo with heroes (zaishen challenge is easy solo) however it works best with either 4 trappers and 3 trappers and an ele, it hardly takes ne time to make a team and is way faster which is what matters, y solo if its harder? Howe304 14:28, 30 June 2008 (EDT)
Why Sup Rune of Beast Mastery?
Why do all the trappers have a superior rune of beast mastery even when only one of them has viper trap? This is just a waste of health and cud b used for extra energy or health. Shade Stormarrow 03:27, 1 July 2008 (EDT)
- they dont do they - if tyhey do ill sort it out. Howe304 16:01, 5 July 2008 (EDT)
Working Team with one player and 3 Heroes !
well I use this since a long time and it works absolutely perfectly !
you need 3 "fire" Elementalists and/or mesmers heroes with meteor shower and some fire damage,
and you'll play the ranger/ritu with this build :
Attributes and Skills
<pvxbig> [build prof=Ranger/Ritualist WildernessSurvival=11+1+3 Expertise=10+1 communing=10][spike trap][barbed trap][tripwire][brambles][pestilence][healing spring][earthbind][frozen soil][/build] </pvxbig>
- Armor with energy
- Weapons : any ; a wand with max energy's the best choice I would say.
- first of all flag your heroes most backwards from the door,where they can cast their spells on your traps without being too close
- Put spike and barbed traps against the door but place them so your're sure at least one will trigger(one of each trap is enough !)
with some experience you'll know where to put them depending on wich map you are
- then both spirits just behind each trap location ( just a small step behind )
- then again one step behind and place your third trap : tripwire ...this is just in case enemies resist to first wave of knockdown
- then run backwards where you flagged heroes and go a bit further than them(if you're in a very small starting place just stay where heroes are)to cast : earthbind (first this one to be sure to have a max lenght knockdown at spike time ),then frozen soil and finally healing spring on the spot where heroes stand to avoid bad surprise.
I use 2 elementalit/Monk with exactly the same build and one mesmer/Ele who's got deepfreeze :
- the Fire Elementalists :
[build prof=Elementalist/Monk FireMagic=11+1+3 EnergyStorage=10+1 Protectionprayers=3][glyph of lesser energy][meteor shower][searing flames][searing heat][remove hex][dismiss condition][fire attunement][aura of restoration][/build]
- the Mesmer/Ele :
[build prof=Mesmer/Elementalist FastCasting=11+1+1 FireMagic=12 WaterMagic=5 InspirationMagic=4+1][glyph of lesser energy][deep freeze][meteor shower][savannah heat][breath of fire][power drain][fire attunement][aura of restoration][/build]
- You don't need to micro your heroes , just let them do the job ! for their weapons you just have the choice but energy boosts is the best.
22.214.171.124 05:55, 10 January 2009 (EST)Die For Me Pleaze ( fist time I post something,I normally speak french so exuse me for any miss'spelling ;))
- Wow, nice! Works like a charm, thanks for sharing.--¡DeAl€Y! 10:29, September 15, 2009 (UTC)
Does anybody know how to make a simple ele build lol? its not that hard... simple AoE skills is perfect for E Zaishen.peすeR 06:55, 22 February 2009 (UTC) Bold text
Needs an update?
From my experience I would say QZ+EW is completely useless, it would be better to have FS on these trappers instead. 1 ele + rit spirit spammer + 2 regular trappers with FS(to renew if killed) do faster and 100% failproof against mixes or eles.
WS: 12+1+3; Expertise: 12+3
WS: 12+1+3; Expertise: 12+3
Fire Magic: 12+1+3; Energy Storage: 12+3
Communing: 12+2; Channeling Magic: 11+1; Spawning Power: 6+2
- Renew Boon of Creation and rebind Agony, Wanderlust and Earthbind when necessary. --126.96.36.199
I always thought Zaishen challenge/Elite was PvP, not PvE. Not including this in the skill pack unless someone says otherwise. --Sam6555 20:18, November 16, 2009 (UTC)
- Player versus PLAYER. There are no opposing players in Zaishen Elite.
20:29, November 16, 2009 (UTC)
- Hmm, okay then. I just assumed it was PvP as it's on the battle isles and you get the icon saying "This is PvP!" --Sam6555 21:00, November 16, 2009 (UTC)