- Elementalist primary is preferred.
- You can trade damage and maximum energy for Fast Casting with Mesmer primary.
- Possible highest Fire Magic with headpiece and a minor Fire Magic rune.
- If there is no attribute spead, take 12+1 Energy Storage (or Fast Casting).
- Consider 12-10-8 or 12-11-6 attribute spreads based on the skills.
- 3-4 damaging skills
- 1-2 energy management skill(s)
- 1 IMS
- 0-1 self-heal
- 0-1 shadow step
- 0-3 other skill(s)
The first step to assemble a nuker is choosing the elite skill. Some elites need different skillsets.
- One of the most powerful DoTAoE spells, it is able to wipe out an entrie shrine. A common choice because of the relatively low recharge and high effectiveness. Note that NPCs are likely to kite.
- This skill provides a way to nullify your spells' cooldown, making capping faster. Not to be used on players.
- A simple and fast-recharging touch-ranged spell. It is recommended to use with a shadow step and other PBAoE spells.
- A fast-recharging but costly AoE spell which is able to handle both player and non-player characters. Consider using along with Glyph of Lesser Energy and/or Glowing Gaze.
Damage dealing skills
Every nuker's trademark are the area-of-effect spells cast in fast succession.
- Nearly every worthwhile nuker takes this spell, usually with Glyph of Sacrifice. Prevents kiting and deals high damage.
- Deals moderate damage and synergies well with Meteor Shower.
- Another common way to inflict damage over time.
- Massive damage but expensive. Can be used aginst other players.
- Powerful point-blank spell with low recharge.
- Similar to Inferno but higher energy cost and range, lower recharge and damage.
- Ranged spell that is able to hit nearby foes when used right.
- A more simple version of Meteor Shower. Does not deal damage over time but much cheaper.
Shadow steps are required when using point-blank spells.
- Effective shadow step because of the lack of aftercast and provides a way to retreat when used with Dash.
- A simple shadow step that heals for a small amount of health.
Increased movement speed skills are needed to move between shrines and avoid other players while doing so.
- A relatively good IMS that deals additional damage.
- Similar toStorm Djinn's Haste but lasts full duration even with no investment. Prevents energy regeneration though.
- A simple no attribute running stance. Ideal to use with Shadow Walk.
Self-heals are needed when you encounter other players or something goes wrong.
- A spell with fast casting, provides high armor and health regeneration.
- An effective self-heal with a fast casting time. Use with Fire Attunement and another enchantment.
- Heals for much health but unreliable.
- A decent heal with a random shadow step.
- Taking this spell is a must.
- A great way to reduce your spells' energy cost. Not to be used along with Glyph of Sacrifice.
- Minor damage and energy gain, might be useful with Searing Flames.
- Can be used with Meteor Shower or any other 15+ energy spells.
A several skills that don't belong to the previous categories.
- Highly recommended to take along with Meteor Shower.
- Can be used to increase your spells' effectiveness.
- A defensive skill to counter physicals.
<pvxbig> [build prof=E/A fir=12+1+1 ene=10+1 dead=8 shadow=2][Assassin's Promise][Glyph of Sacrifice][Meteor Shower][Searing Heat][Teinai's Heat][Flame Djinn's Haste][Fire Attunement][Optional][/build] </pvxbig> <pvxbig> [build prof=E/A fire=12+1+1 energy=12+1][Glyph of Sacrifice][Meteor Shower][Shadow Walk][Star Burst][Inferno][Flame Burst][Dash][Fire Attunement][/build] </pvxbig> <pvxbig> [build prof=E/D fire=12+1+1 energy=10+1 earthp=8][Savannah Heat][Meteor][Rodgort's Invocation][Glyph of Lesser Energy][Shield of Force][Mystic Regeneration][Flame Djinn's Haste][Fire Attunement][/build] </pvxbig>
- Survivor or Radiant insignias
- Insightful Staff of Fortitude
- 40/40 set
- Approach the shrine.
- Cast your spells in order.
- Keep your enchantments up.
- Use your IMS when moving between the shrines.