The Call Of The Eye -- Part 0
Boreal Station → Eye of the North → Gunnar's Hold
The GWEN Run
The Far Shiverpeaks -- Part 1
Gunnar's Hold → Longeye's Ledge
- First you run from Gunnars to Longeyes, for that part you use build 2
- The way you should run i showed on image 1 and 2
- You run through the ice golems using SQ and spamming VoS, when SQ almost ends use dodge/zojuns to break aggro if you didn't break already.
Longeye's Ledge → Doomlore Shrine
- Secondly, change to build 1 in Longeyes. Then you leave to grothmar wardown and follow pic's 3 and 4
- Note: Make sure not to aggro any mandragors, if you have to/accidentally aggro them activate IAU and run until you break aggro
Gunnar's Hold → Sifhalla
- Map Back to Gunnars and run to Sifhalla (pic 5/6)
- It's pretty straightforward, dont aggro ice golems and make sure to stay quite a bit left from the right wall in drakkar lake so you wont pop vaettir. Use IAU when the modniir Cripshot you.
- Note: There is a small chance of a wurm popping up, just activate IAU and run on.
- Note: In norrhart domains, take the northern route as showed on the pic, the southern route is mandragor infested at the end
Sifhalla → Olafstead
- From Sifs run southeast, avoiding all ice golems and take the southeasternmost portal to go to Varajar Fells
- From the portal its a small run to Olafs, make sure you don't aggro ice golems/ice imps (pic 7/8)
Olafstead → Umbral Grotto
- From Olafs we go southeast and enter Verdant Cascades (pic 9)
- In Verdant Cascades the walk in the park is over. From here it's going to require a bit more skill, patience and creative thinking. The easiest way is pic 10 but you can make your own route if you want, there is no real fastest route to Umbral Grotto.
- Note: We meet the jotun here, they aren't a big threat but before going into the cave use SQ followed by IAU to make sure their giant stomp doesn't slow you down.
The Tarnished Coast -- Part 2
Umbral Grotto → Vloxen Excavations → Vloxen Falls
- Prepare mentally for frustration, if it's your first run because this part requires a lot of wall hugging, pop avoiding, timing and knowing the patrols.
- When you finally get at vlox falls dont' prize yourself... this was almost the easiest part of tarnished coast :P
- Note: There is a strange thing that makes rats go rampage when you come in Radar zone so rush and make use of the distraction to pass the mobs.
- Note: Just before you go through the river (which looks empty but has a lot of pops) there is one group of oozes, wait for them to pass or you sure die.(pic 11)
Vloxen Falls → Shards of Orr → Gadd's Encampment
- From Vloxen Falls you go south (it's highly recommended to follow pic 12)and run on till you see the shrine with Crewmember Shandra. Wait here till the mob blocking the way splits into 2 small mobs, run trough the gap and enter SoO.
- For SoO there is one golden rule, NEVER GO THROUGH MOBS (except the first one) WITHOUT IAU! This is because the skeleton mobs use a lot of knockdowns+cripple and slay you in seconds when you stop or slow down.
- Rest between each mob and let your skills recharge. When you need to pass through a small gate use the SQ+IAU combo first, then run through. Let your skills recharge at the entrance to the chamber with the Cursed Brigand.
- Wait for the mob that patrols the sideway to pass and run the sideway in, activate SQ+IAU and run till the end of the Sideway, or at least till the second mob breaks aggro.
- Heal up, hug the left wall to pass the mob that nearly killed you, switch wall, pass another mob and enter the portal (pic 12 and 13)
- Note: In Arbor bay, if you run in the mob with Flanuss broadwing your usually dogfeed because him being there means that the mob is 2 or 3 times as big.
Vloxen Falls → Tarnished Haven
- From Vloxen Falls go southeast and follow the trail showed on pic 14 EXACTLY because there is NO other way from Vloxen Falls to Alcazia Tangle. Make sure not to aggro any wind riders or chromatic drakes because if you do your screwed.
- Note: This is the most specific part of the run, any other routes don't work.
- In Alcazia tangle, Hug the left wall and make sure no simian sees u. when you're past that run further, just before you aggro the tengu activate SQ+IAU and run until you over the bridge and the tengu break aggro.
- Now find your way to Tarnished haven, the road totally depends on spawns. a possible route, also showing the first part is pic 15
- Note: Aggro of Simians=Inevitable death
- Note#: You can use the second build for this, I haven't checked if its possible to avoid the spells from the Simians that way.
Tarnished Haven → Rata Sum
- We are almost done with the tour and we are getting near our final destination, Rata Sum, the Capital City of the Asura. This is also a part which needs a lot of knowing patrols, wall hugging and just knowing when to do what. The First part is through Alcazia tangle, we take go west and in the end Northwest as shown on pic 16. the run is pretty straightforward, make sure you don't run under ledges you need to take or take ledges you must not take.
- When you see raptors you know you made it because the dinos are really slow.
- When you are in Magus Stones wait for the krait to move aside so you can wall hug past them. Just before you aggro the spiders, use QZ+IAU and leeroy through in a similar manner as the way to SoO. DO NOT STOP until you break aggro and see the portal to Rata Sum. This is probably the most easy part of the whole run except for when IAU runs out or you get stuck.
- Note: At the spiders do not forget to reapply IAU because otherwise cripshot may get you.
Community content is available under CC-BY-NC-SA 2.5 unless otherwise noted.