This build has been archived as of 10:17, 1 July 2008 (EDT), for the following reason:
This build had been designed for the following use:
This build was in the category No category specified before being archived.
This build uses Air Magic to Spike and Blind opponents. Additional defense and/or utility skills round out the character.
Attributes and Skills
<pvxbig> [build prof=eleme/any airmag=12+1+1 energy=12+1][blinding surge][lightning orb][Shell Shock][gale][optional][Glyph of Lesser Energy][air attunement][resurrection signet][/build] </pvxbig>
- A wand and offhand with 20/20 HCT/HSR are strongly recommended.
- A weapon set with +20% enchantment duration for casting Air Attunement.
- Survivor armor.
- Cast Air Attunement before entering combat.
- Use Blinding Surge to relieve pressure, and particularly to deflect enemies' most powerful attack skills (watch for Warriors converging on a new target). Do NOT spam Blinding Surge on recharge or it becomes very easy for enemy mesmers to Divert.
- Use Lightning Orb on spikes, for general pressure or as a finisher.
- Use Gale to interrupt or prevent key actions such as self-heals and knock down fleeing (or chasing) foes.
- Use Glyph of Lesser Energy to help with energy management. Remember that Air Attunement still takes effect, so you can actually gain energy from GoLE
- If you have it, use Glyph of Restoration to recover health.
- Interrupts, particularly Distracting Shot, Power Lock and Power Block.
- Signet of Humility.
- Enchantment removal.
- Standard caster counters, Dazed, Migraine etc.
- Ward Against Melee or Ward Against Foes for party support.
- Shock Arrow for additional energy management and damage.
- Lightning Bolt has the potential to deal a lot of damage for little energy.
- Shell Shock instead of Lightning Orb, for a quicker-casting source of cracked armor.
- Glyph of Restoration for use in splits or in RA.
- Healing Breeze for healing self and allies.
- Mending Touch if this character is a flagrunner.
- Storm Djinn's Haste to run flags and split faster in GvG.
- Hex Breaker for protection against hexes.
- Glyph of Concentration for protection against interupts.
- Draw Conditions and/or Convert Hexes to keep teammates clean.
- Death Pact Signet or Flesh of My Flesh instead of Resurrection Signet.
- Splinter Weapon and Ancestor's Rage to buff your frontliners.