FANDOM


({{Build|R/N PvE Touch Ranger}})
({{Build|E/Me Glint's Challenge Destroyer Farmer}})
Line 77: Line 77:
 
Requesting removal of vote by [[User:Timeoffire45]] as it lacks absolutely any sense. You do a run in up to 7 minutes without getting destroyers near the dragon, kill them with ease and get 1-5 d-cores per run [http://www.pvxwiki.com/wiki/Image:Lolwutfaivu.JPG]. [[User:Edwina Elbert|'''<font color="Brown">Edwina Elbert</font>''']]'''*'''[[User talk:Edwina Elbert|'''''<font color="Grey">talk</font>''''']]'''*'''[[Special:Contributions/Edwina_Elbert|'''''<font color="Grey">contributions</font>''''']] [[Image:Edsig.jpg|19px]] 10:37, 5 November 2007 (CET)
 
Requesting removal of vote by [[User:Timeoffire45]] as it lacks absolutely any sense. You do a run in up to 7 minutes without getting destroyers near the dragon, kill them with ease and get 1-5 d-cores per run [http://www.pvxwiki.com/wiki/Image:Lolwutfaivu.JPG]. [[User:Edwina Elbert|'''<font color="Brown">Edwina Elbert</font>''']]'''*'''[[User talk:Edwina Elbert|'''''<font color="Grey">talk</font>''''']]'''*'''[[Special:Contributions/Edwina_Elbert|'''''<font color="Grey">contributions</font>''''']] [[Image:Edsig.jpg|19px]] 10:37, 5 November 2007 (CET)
 
:He gave it a great rating, quit bitching.--[[User:Shadowsin|Shadowsin]] 05:36, 6 November 2007 (CET)
 
:He gave it a great rating, quit bitching.--[[User:Shadowsin|Shadowsin]] 05:36, 6 November 2007 (CET)
  +
::He changed his rating nigga, i ain't bitchin. [[User:Edwina Elbert|'''<font color="Brown">Edwina Elbert</font>''']]'''*'''[[User talk:Edwina Elbert|'''''<font color="Grey">t</font>''''']]'''*'''[[Special:Contributions/Edwina_Elbert|'''''<font color="Grey">c</font>''''']]'''*'''[[Image:Edsig.jpg|19px]] 22:08, 6 November 2007 (CET)
   
 
=== {{Build|R/E Conjure Glass Spiker}} ===
 
=== {{Build|R/E Conjure Glass Spiker}} ===

Revision as of 21:08, November 6, 2007

The Admin noticeboard

There are a number of issues that can only be solved by an Administrator. The Admin noticeboard is one of the means through which users can contact Administrators in order to identify a problem that needs Administrative attention. Although editors are welcome to directly contact particular Administrators, posting on this page instead may be an easier way to let the entire Administrative group know of the issue (which may be particularly helpful since it increases the odds that at least one Administrator will see, and thus be able to respond to, the issue promptly).

There are only a limited number of things for which this page should be used. Many problems can be solved without Administrative intervention, and, thus, this page should be restricted to those issues that actually require an Administrator. Those are: blocking vandals, (un)deleting pages, (un)protecting pages, removing votes (either as per Real Vetting or because the build has been substantially edited), and mediation (only if the situation demands it).

Even in cases of vandalism, posting on this page needn't be the first step (and indeed should not be the first step). If you see vandalism, just go ahead and revert it, anyone has the power to do so. If it's a new article with no safe version to revert back to, tag it for deletion. In both cases you should leave a message in the talk page of that user to make him/her aware of why that kind of edit is unacceptable on PvXwiki. Only post here if that user persists in his/her actions, ignoring the warnings or if the content requires immediate Administrative attention (eg. if the material on the page is so offensive that should be immediately deleted).

(Be careful in case that user repeatedly insists on vandalizing, avoid a revert war; it's far better to temporarily leave the vandalized version of the page up until an admin has a chance to intervene.)

To create a new request: add an item to the bottom of the list below, providing a brief, neutral summary of the issue. As a sign of courtesy, also leave a message on the talk page of any other involved users so they are aware of this discussion. If you are alerting an admin of a vandal, use the {{IP}} template, with the first parameter being the vandal's IP or username. If you are requesting that vote(s) be removed, please use the {{Build}} template, with the first parameter being the build's name.

General Issues

General issues include (un)deleting pages, (un)protecting pages, banning vandals, and moderating serious disputes. This section may also be used for miscellaneous issues as well as Administrative announcements. See resolved issues here.

What is your profession? (talk · contribs · logs · check user · block user · block log)

Minor vandalism, changing the categories of builds to trash and good when they should be in great or testing, ect. Also, NPA: calling people idiots and retards :\ Hammer And Sickle۷ïεדt/c 06:22, 28 October 2007 (CET)

Licensing version

See this. Page is protected, so one of you guys needs to fix it. --Wizardboy777 23:48, 21 September 2007 (CEST)

I've been talking to Gcardinal, and we're unsure which is correct, and obviously, we can't fix it until we know which is the problem, so no fix, for the moment. --Edru viransu//QQ about me/sysop 00:04, 22 September 2007 (CEST)
I think we have to use version 2.0. We took over quite some content from Guild Wiki, and they use 2.0 with no note on the possibility of silent upgrades. So we have to put at least the pages which originated there under 2.0. Anyway, we should put up a consistent statement asap. – HHHIPPO ‹sysop› 20:32, 3 October 2007 (CEST)

PvXwiki:General disclaimer

Link which is located at the very bottom of every page leads to a blank page. Peter 14:18, 28 October 2007 (CET)

Goldenstar (talk · contribs · logs · check user · block user · block log)

Should a user really have a redirect to a build on his user page, and a redirect to the build's talk page on his talk page?--Victoryisyours Sig ImageVictoryisyours 02:10, 29 October 2007 (CET)

I think the userpage we can't do anything about, but the talk page needs to be changed. Lord Belar 02:28, 29 October 2007 (CET)
Resolved. — Skakid9090 02:29, 29 October 2007 (CET)
Actually, to clarify. You cannot have redirects on your user page. ~~ User Frvwfr2 signature frvwfr2 (T/C/Sysop) 02:47, 29 October 2007 (CET)
Good, is that a particular policy? Lord Belar 02:55, 29 October 2007 (CET)
Yes'm it is. єяøהħ 12:14, 29 October 2007 (CET)
PvXwiki:Redirect. ~~ User Frvwfr2 signature frvwfr2 (T/C/Sysop) 14:58, 29 October 2007 (CET)

Verification Email

I cant get the verification email, i put chaichienliang@yahoo.com and tried to resend it but its been 24 hours already and there is still no sign of it CsAtlantis

Yahoo emails only get passed the yahoo auto-mated spam filter (the one on their sever) if you put .co.uk. --Peter 21:57, 30 October 2007 (CET)

64.56.227.198 (talk · contribs · logs · check user · block user · block log)

Vandal. --Teh Uber Pwnzer 06:07, 31 October 2007 (CET)

Three days. -- Armond WarbladeArmond sig image{{sysop}} 07:37, 31 October 2007 (CET)

Similar builds

These builds are basically the same, but just for different proffesions. There is a guide already made for these and they should not be submitted as they just take up room in the untested-Testing section.

It may be possible to put everything on one page.--Assassin-icon-smallSs HereticAssassin-icon-small 21:05, 4 November 2007 (CET)

Guild of Deals (talk · contribs · logs · check user · block user · block log)

Regarding Guild of Deals' Builds.

In our recent argument, I've noticed many of his builds have been personally moved back into trial after receiving unfavored votes during the vetting process. Naturally, I checked for some policy against such biased action, but came up empty-handed. Should something be done? Shogunshen 22:57, 4 November 2007 (CET)

Unless a major change is made on the build, it does not qualify for revetting (being put through to Testing). However, there is no policy, nor is there anything wrong, with putting an unfavored build into trial in order to rework the build itself and make it usable. — Rapta Rapta Icon1 (talk|contribs) 23:00, 4 November 2007 (CET)

Build-Specific Issues

Build-Specific refers to any issue pertaining to the removal of votes. See resolved issues here

P/Mo Empathic Honor (talk · rate)

GftE and AR nerfed. --Teh Uber Pwnzer 06:01, 4 November 2007 (CET)

I'm not saying that these builds don't work at all (the exception being critical spear), I'm saying that they were nerfed and the votes need to be changed to reflect the nerfs. --Teh Uber Pwnzer 06:20, 4 November 2007 (CET)

P/W Defensive Anthem (talk · rate)

No longer has infinite energy. --Teh Uber Pwnzer 06:01, 4 November 2007 (CET)

E/Me Glint's Challenge Destroyer Farmer (talk · rate)

Requesting removal of vote by User:Timeoffire45 as it lacks absolutely any sense. You do a run in up to 7 minutes without getting destroyers near the dragon, kill them with ease and get 1-5 d-cores per run [1]. Edwina Elbert*talk*contributions Edsig 10:37, 5 November 2007 (CET)

He gave it a great rating, quit bitching.--Shadowsin 05:36, 6 November 2007 (CET)
He changed his rating nigga, i ain't bitchin. Edwina Elbert*t*c*Edsig 22:08, 6 November 2007 (CET)

R/E Conjure Glass Spiker (talk · rate)

BCTurk and Gredinus make completely irrelevant points. 1 for universitility because of walls means every ranger build deserves that 1, which is bullshit. The build has absolutely nothing to do with Corrupt Enchantments. — Skakid9090 22:27, 5 November 2007 (CET)

In addition, User:Doug Mcfawn has no contributions, User:Newman's vote fails to explain his vote properly. — Rapta Rapta Icon1 (talk|contribs) 03:17, 6 November 2007 (CET)

D/Mo Healing Hands UW solo (talk · rate)

Skakid might be unaware that Farmer's Scythe recharges whenever you hit more than one foe and since you always will be... sorry man. FrenzyPunjab 23:23, 5 November 2007 (CET)

+18 damage every 1.75 seconds isn't great. — Skakid9090 23:25, 5 November 2007 (CET)

Rt/E Songkai's Supporter (talk · rate)

Back in stubs for rewrite. Requesting vote removal. — Teh Uber Pwnzer 03:45, 6 November 2007 (CET)

D/any Scythless Dervish (talk · rate)

It would be nice if someone took a look at the votes. Greevar seems to not even have looked at the build, and HyruleanHyroe gave a 5 effectiveness then said it wont work in many situations(what?).--Coloneh 05:51, 6 November 2007 (CET)

R/N PvE Touch Ranger (talk · rate)

Deletable vote from User:Morten. Doesn't clearly understand toucher e-management and therefor his whole explanation for the ratings is moot. -- (gem / talk) 10:05, 6 November 2007 (CET)

He didn't say anything untrue about e-management... any misunderstanding he has about e-management is from the reader's perspective and his comments about touch rangers having many weaknesses in PvE is true and they aren't as efficient in PvE as they are in PvP. His point that you would probably want another build over a toucher is also true. Dancing Gnome 11:06, 6 November 2007 (CET)
10-15 seconds is what I can run without using OoB even once. Using OoB I can run the build many times longer. Imo that is a blatant misunderstanding and can only result from either a) never using the build or b) never using the build how it's supposed to be used. -- (gem / talk) 15:50, 6 November 2007 (CET)
It is true that touchers can easily be replaced by what he mentioned, and his reasoning is detailed and understandable.--Victoryisyours Sig ImageVictoryisyours 16:36, 6 November 2007 (CET)
From the policy: A vote must be based on facts. If I'm interpreting this incorrectly, then please explain me how it should be interpreted, but as far as I know that e-management stuff is nowhere near facts and it's one of his major arguments. -- (gem / talk) 17:01, 6 November 2007 (CET)
When did everything get run by the exact letter of the policies? =\ Anyway, his point (however exaggerated) is that you'll run out of energy quickly (which you will, even with OoB) and other classes do better at emanagement. -- Armond WarbladeArmond sig image{{sysop}} 19:27, 6 November 2007 (CET)
When did a wiki not follow it's policies? Well, atleast this wiki doesn't, that's for sure. -- (gem / talk) 21:13, 6 November 2007 (CET)
It's a fact that it could easily be outdamaged by another party member and is a waste of a slot. It's also a fact that other wiki's dont abide by every word and letter of their policies, that's for sure.--Victoryisyours Sig ImageVictoryisyours 21:35, 6 November 2007 (CET)

N/A Promise MM (talk · rate)

I still don't see why using 2 skills to do 2 functions (spread blind and give good defense) is "needlessly complex" — Skakid9090 16:06, 6 November 2007 (CET)

A/R Relentless Spiker (talk · rate)

Jcdooley2003, Altair07, Bowflight, and Vlaunir-Possible socks?--Victoryisyours Sig ImageVictoryisyours 21:32, 6 November 2007 (CET)

General Coding Issues

Coding refers to any issue or bug that needs to be dealt with by a Server Administrator (Gcardinal or Hhhippo). See resolved issues here. PvXcode related issues have their own section below.

Talk pages without main pages

It's pretty hard to find talk pages for deleted builds (you have to cross-reference this with this), and someone isn't very good at remembering to delete the talk pages :P. A special page that lists talks without associated main pages would be great. --Wizardboy777 SigWizardboy777(T/C/Sysop) 03:51, 26 October 2007 (CEST)

I'll have a look at it. – HHHIPPO ‹sysop› 09:54, 1 November 2007 (CET)

Special:Statistics

There have been a total of 0 page views, and 159,288 page edits since the wiki was setup. That comes to 10.03 average edits per page, and 0.00 views per edit. <- Zero page views? Wtf? Also, the comma between 'page views, and' isn't necessary. And set up should be two words. --Wizardboy777 SigWizardboy777(T/C) 00:45, 21 October 2007 (CEST)

The Wiki engine can't see the page views since most of them are handled by Squid. We will work on that page once the more important things are done. – HHHIPPO ‹sysop› 21:34, 24 October 2007 (CEST)

Recent changes RSS and atom feeds

Don't seem to work. [2] [3]. Both of them tell me This feed contains code errors. --Wizardboy777 SigWizardboy777(T/C) 00:45, 21 October 2007 (CEST)

Rate Tab

This is directed at gcard or anyone who has coding experience. Is there anyway for you to be able to have the rate tab available while on the discussion tab? It's kinda annoying to go to the build tab again just to rate something after adding to the discussion. --Lost 05:43, 24 August 2007 (CEST)

I agree, it is a lil annoying... hardly priority though. Search system>this. --User Frvwfr2 signature frvwfr2 (T/C/Sysop) 05:58, 24 August 2007 (CEST)
I'm working on it, but it's difficult since the tab on the talk page has to trigger an action on another page. Be patient... – HHHIPPO ‹sysop› 23:22, 27 September 2007 (CEST)

Div Frames

They don't work. Some examples of hide-able div frames are this and this. —ǥrɩɳsɧƿoɲ 16:15, 16 September 2007 (CEST)

What do you mean? Єяøהħ 16:57, 16 September 2007 (CEST)
Click the show/hide buttons. —ǥrɩɳsɧƿoɲ 16:59, 16 September 2007 (CEST)
Sorry, at frist I thought those were PvX links. I'm sitting here thinking "they work fine for me..." Єяøהħ 17:05, 16 September 2007 (CEST)
Will have a look. It's low priority though. – HHHIPPO ‹sysop› 20:32, 3 October 2007 (CEST)

Checkuser links

I don't know if this is possible, but a Checkuser link next to people's names in Recent Changes and Ratings. Like Scarymonsterclan (Talk | contribs | Checkuser)... that would be nice, it's not to hard to do it now, but sounds like if it's possible it'd be an easy code. ~~ User Frvwfr2 signature frvwfr2 (T/C/Sysop) 22:34, 22 September 2007 (CEST)

Should be possible, but will take some work. I'm not sure I'd like to modify Recent Changes, since that's a core part of Media Wiki and changes will make it even more difficult to upgrade the wiki software. – HHHIPPO ‹sysop› 20:32, 3 October 2007 (CEST)

Yet more ratings stuff....

I was wondering (this may not be possiable at all jsut a thought though) would it be at all possiable to make a template or something where it automaticly updates the catagory it's in (e.g if something was at 4.49 in the good catagory and someone votted and it went to 4.5 or 4.51 to make it great, instead of having to manualy switch it it would automaticly do it.)PheNaxKian (T/c)Tag thumb 21:22, 29 September 2007 (CEST)

ENGLISH IZ GUD. --Wizardboy777 SigWizardboy777(T/C) 22:09, 2 October 2007 (CEST)
Dynamic templates. Not too hard to understand. -- Armond WarbladeArmond sig image{{sysop}} 00:25, 3 October 2007 (CEST)
Is on our major-things-to-do-list. – HHHIPPO ‹sysop› 20:32, 3 October 2007 (CEST)
If you're gonna get into dynamic templating... if you put, say, a {{build-stub}} tag on a build, then move the build, the build still appears in Category:Build stubs under the old title, and you have to remove and then put the stub tag in again to get it into the right place. It would be nice if it updated itself. --Wizardboy777 SigWizardboy777(T/C) 04:08, 5 October 2007 (CEST)
That's what i mean-where the template automaticly updates and changes what catagorey it's in.PheNaxKian (T/c)Tag thumb 17:59, 5 October 2007 (CEST)

Recent ratings and rollbacks

It would be helpful for detecting violations of 1RV with votes if it was possible to see previous rollbacked/deleted/edited votes. --Edru viransu//QQ about me/sysop 05:02, 6 October 2007 (CEST)

Indeed. It's planned, but it includes a change of the database structure, so it might take a bit. – HHHIPPO ‹sysop› 21:25, 24 October 2007 (CEST)

GWW or GW? Let Preferences Decide!

I think we should put an option in preferences that lets you change where the skill links go, and also where GW: and GWW: go. Possible? ~~ User Frvwfr2 signature frvwfr2 (T/C/Sysop) 15:19, 27 October 2007 (CEST)

That sounds like a great idea. --Teh Uber Pwnzer 01:04, 28 October 2007 (CEST)
Sounds good, don't know how difficult it would be to implement. Lord Belar 01:34, 28 October 2007 (CEST)
About links in the skill bars: That's a PvXcode thing, mainly gcardinal's area. I think as a quick solution putting one link on the skill icon and the other on the name should be easy. About GW: and GWW: changing the interwiki link mechanism is major surgery to the engine. Anyway, I'd like to keep the possibility for authors to decide where they want to link. What we could try is making an additional magic word like __GW__ which would then translate into GW: or GWW: depending on the reader's preferences. But I didn't look into the details yet, no idea how much work it would be. – HHHIPPO ‹sysop› 10:01, 1 November 2007 (CET)

Rating Page protection

Can we get a way to protect a discussion page? It would be nice when a dispute like the Toucher happens... lock it so that votes can't be removed. ~~ User Frvwfr2 signature frvwfr2 (T/C/Sysop) 20:14, 30 October 2007 (CET)

Just to add on to Frvwfr2's comment: in that situation, it should lock the vote page in such a way that votes cannot be removed nor can new votes be added. Defiant Elements Sig Test 2 *Defiant Elements* +talk 03:44, 1 November 2007 (CET)
That too. ~~ User Frvwfr2 signature frvwfr2 (T/C/Sysop) 01:31, 4 November 2007 (CET)

GraceExpired

Would it be possible to auto-tag Stubs and Trial builds that have been unchanged for 2 weeks, or even automatically enter them into this category? — Rapta Rapta Icon1 (talk|contribs) 03:29, 6 November 2007 (CET)

PvXcode Issues

Coding issues related to PvXcode. See also PvXwiki talk:PvXcode. Resolved issues are moved here.

Cry of Pain

Cry of Pain's image isn't appearing on the new skillbars. Build:N/Me_Sunspear_Spiker( ɔ \ ʇ ) uɐɥʇıǝɹ Reithan Sig 23:31, 10 October 2007 (CEST)

Still missing. — ( ɔ \ ʇ ) uɐɥʇıǝɹ Reithan Sig 22:41, 11 October 2007 (CEST)
Don't bump a topic constantly. Hhhippo or Gc will get around to it when they have time. Real life comes before some wiki. —ǥrɩɳsɧƿoɲ 22:53, 11 October 2007 (CEST)
Never said it didn't. Just trying to make sure someone saw this. — ( ɔ \ ʇ ) uɐɥʇıǝɹ Reithan Sig 04:02, 12 October 2007 (CEST)
We see that. It's on the admin noticeboard. Don't bump topics. — Rapta Rapta Icon1 (talk|contribs) 06:01, 12 October 2007 (CEST)

Saving Template Codes

Now, when you try to download a template code, the default name is {art_name}.txt
I'm assuming art_name is a variable and stands for article name, but I think you need another bracket or two to get it to work right. --Wizardboy777 SigWizardboy777(T/C) 23:27, 9 October 2007 (CEST)

I get this as well, but if you try and load the template on GW it moans it's not valid or something like that.....PheNaxKian (T/c)Tag thumb 22:45, 25 October 2007 (CEST)

Skill bar bug

See this image. Stone striker is too high... here's the build page. There's one bracket missing (in the pvxcode), and he has mantra of earth twice, and no attribs, but even when I fix those it still shows up wrong in the preview... Not to mention that image I linked to is bugged, at least for me. It just shows up as a white square with a shadow. Clicking on it shows the right thing, though. Edit: I linked to the actual url, so it's fine. See what I'm talking about with the image bug here --Wizardboy777 SigWizardboy777(T/C) 02:25, 16 October 2007 (CEST)

Page and image display fine for me. --Peter 21:03, 16 October 2007 (CEST)
Weird...Probably because you're using IE. :D Lord Belar 21:05, 16 October 2007 (CEST)
I figured out what the problem is. If you put spaces between the skills (like [Stoneflesh Aura] [Obsidian Flesh] instead of [Stoneflesh Aura][Obsidian Flesh]) the 'split' occurs wherever the first space is. --Wizardboy777 SigWizardboy777(T/C) 04:22, 19 October 2007 (CEST)
I had a half image few days ago, it was a paragon skill as I can remember. --Assassin-icon-smallSs HereticAssassin-icon-small 21:04, 4 November 2007 (CET)

Skill nerfs

I've noticed a number of skills that have been nerfed but not rectified to show this on PVX Wiki. Is there anyway normal users can help with making the changes needed? Or is that strictly down to Admins? Unreal Havoc 23:26, 27 October 2007 (CEST)

It's a matter of getting BBCode updated, not of getting PvXWiki updated. So... no. Defiant Elements Sig Test 2 *Defiant Elements* +talk 01:19, 28 October 2007 (CEST)
So basically, you can't help. ~~ User Frvwfr2 signature frvwfr2 (T/C/Sysop) 02:54, 28 October 2007 (CEST)
I gathered, lol. Unreal Havoc 02:55, 28 October 2007 (CEST)

Leadership

On tooltips for chants and shouts, Paragon energy gain from Leadership is displayed on some skills and not others, and sometimes overwrites energy cost. Just look at any shouter page. - Ayumbhara Ayumsig 20:11, 1 November 2007 (CET)

Community content is available under CC-BY-NC-SA 2.5 unless otherwise noted.