This page is an official policy on PvXwiki.
It has wide acceptance among editors and is considered a standard that all users should follow.
This policy governs the creation, implementation, development, and production of build packs.
A Build Pack is simply a collection of Build template codes to be made available for download. This page will list functional links to build packs (or a link to an external database of build packs). Packs for each of the categories on the main page will be maintained by the Administrative staff as well as any interested users. Packs that use different criteria may be suggested as well.
Using the Packs
Once downloaded, unzip the file and place the resulting folder into your Templates/Skills folder for Guild Wars. By default, the filepath is:
- C:\Program Files\Guild Wars\Templates\Skills for Windows XP.
- C:\Users\User\Documents\Guild Wars\Templates\Skills for Windows Vista/Windows 7.
Once the pack has been moved into this folder, all builds in it will be accessible from the Load Template menu in Guild Wars.
Primarily, build packs should encompass Good, Great, and Meta builds of each category, as well as other build packs deemed necessary by the community.
Unfortunately the build packs are no longer available here due to a conflict within the script related to Wikia's new skin. Sorry for the inconvenience.
If you would like to continue development of the script and further maintain the project, you can contact User:Daññy for the script's source and related information.
The list included:
- PvE General
- Speed Clears
- PvE Teams
- Alliance Battles
- Competitive Missions
- Random Arenas
- PvP Teams
- Each submission should describe why you feel the build pack is necessary.
- Each submission should contain links to each build to be included.
After a build is submitted, it will be reviewed and deemed to be either worthwhile or non-worthwhile.
- Worthwhile build packs should be moved to PvXwiki:Build Packs/Queue.
- At this point, build packs should be built and uploaded to the storage account.
- Once the upload is functional, the submission should be archived from the queue.
- Non-worthwhile build packs should be archived using methods similar to the AN.
For many reasons, our Build Packs may become outdated. You can help us keep the build packs up-to-date by alerting us to the problem via PvXwiki:Build Packs/Updating.
- Each notification should include a reason the build pack is out of date.
- Each notification should also contain links to each build which is out of date (or at least a few examples).
- There is no need to notify us after major skill changes or meta changes. We will update the build packs as soon as possible.
Once notified, an admin or a project leader will review the build pack and decide whether or not the pack needs to be updated.
- After the reviewing process, the admin or project leader will update the build packs.
- After large skill balances or meta shifts, this may take some time. Therefore, please be patient and/or help the project leader.
- Reviewed or misplaced notifications should be archived using methods similar to the AN.