This policy states, in a nutshell, that one should not give a PvE build a low rating because a different primary profession is capable of doing the same job better. Adversely, a PvE build should not be given a higher effectiveness rating just because it has a unique profession for a certain job.
What this policy means
- One should not give a low rating to a PvE build just because it cannot do a job as well as another primary profession.
- For example, if a UW Paragon farming build is given a low rating with the reason "A 55 can do it better" should be removed.
- Adversely, one should not give a high effectiveness rating to a PvE build just because it has an unconventional profession. This should only apply to innovation.
- For example, a PvE touch healing ranger should NOT be given a particularly good effectiveness rating just because it is a ranger that can heal. a high rating for such a build saying "w00t! HEALING RANGERS!!" should be removed.
- Ratings that are somewhat low or high simply because of profession bias should promptly be removed by an admin with a link to this page as a reason.
What this policy does not mean
- This DOES NOT mean that if a build with an unconventional profession for a certain job is given a low rating for a different reason, it should be removed because of this policy.
- For example, this DOES NOT mean that: if that same Paragon farming build is given a low rating because "Mending refrain+GFTE does not give you enough healing to tank" should be removed.
- This policy DOES NOT mean that a build should be given a higher rating just because of its unconventional profession.