I purpose we add an image naming section to this policy. While it's common sense not to give something a generic name, some of the newer users my think it's all right to call it "gw123.jpg". It's not a major change i have in mind, something along the lines of
- Images for user space use, should include the name of the User who is uploading them.
- Images for the build name space should include the name of the build.
- Images of a users In game characters (to be used on character information pages) can use the Character's name, instead of the user name.
- /agree. McTai 15:07, 1 November 2008 (EDT)
- Check. Preferably start with the username.
- There are hardly any images in the build namespace. Maybe for guides. But pretty pointless anyway.
- Same as no.1. Username should be used anyway.
- ~ ĐONT*SYSOP 16:34, 1 November 2008 (EDT)
- We don't need to get all anal about image naming, but putting username in user space images is a good enough addition. Can't say I give a fuck whether someone calls their image MiseryMacro.jpg or MacroMisery.jpg, I know who it belongs to. - Misery Is Friendly 16:37, 1 November 2008 (EDT)
Before I add that little note in, I'd like to raise a few more issues/suggestions. With all the Copyvio and what not, I think there should defiantly be a small section about that, and some guidance about licensing (so quote a source where applicable, or state it's original content if not).I also think we should adopt the GWW style of tagging Images (so you tag an image with a template if it's a user image/for the user space, or Arenanet if it's anything within GW/Arenanet related etc.)(i intended to make a policy on copyright, so if that get's passed some parts could be transferred over and a link could suffice.) Thoughts on these new suggestions (as well as adding the note about using Username at the start of user space images) ~ PheNaxKian Sysop 14:59, 17 January 2009 (EST)
- I cannot be assed having anything to do with tagging images tbh. - Misery Is Friendly 15:03, 17 January 2009 (EST)
- well we would probably jsut tag old iamges over time (if at all), it'd be easy to generate a list (I think..) of those that don't have a tag. ~ PheNaxKian Sysop 15:21, 17 January 2009 (EST)