W/P Enraged Smasher
<pvxbig> [build prof=Warrior/Paragon Hammerm=12+1+1 Tactics=10+1 Strength=8+1][Enraged Smash]["Watch Yourself!"]["Go for the Eyes!"][Flail][Rush][Healing Signet][Soldier's Defense][Resurrection Signet][/build] </pvxbig>
<pvxbig> [build prof=Warrior/Paragon Hammerm=12+1+1 Tactics=10+1 Command=6 Strength=6+1][Enraged Smash]["Watch Yourself!"]["Go for the Eyes!"][Flail][Rush][Lion's Comfort]["Find Their Weakness!"][Resurrection Signet][/build] </pvxbig>
- Furious Hammer of Fortitude.
- Attack. Charge skills. Once charged, spam Enraged. Soldier's Defense for defense, Healing Sig to heal.
- Works decently in Aspenwood and RA. Take Healing Signet for PvP, and Remedy Signet for Fort Aspenwood.
- Watch out for Visions of Regret mesmers.
- Not good for heroes. They like to use the skills they've charged.
- Damage up to 89 on the 100AL target on Isle of the Nameless. Comparable damage in actual play. (Edit: 97 was on the 80, whoops.)
Me/any PvE Powerblocker
<pvxbig> [build prof=Mesmer/any Domination=12+1+3 Fastc=12+1][Web of Disruption][Arcane Echo][Power Block][Empathy][Wastrel's Worry][Optional][Power Drain][Optional][/build] </pvxbig>
Not really sure where to go with this one. I used to throw in Diversion and an array of interrupts and then realized it was sort of overkill with Power Block. Considering paragon chants at the moment. Thanks for all the suggestions on this one. It's been helpful.
- Optional 1:
- Optional 2: Res, hard or otherwise, of your choice. Res Chant is my preference, but Death Pact Signet and Signet of Return have their benefits as well.
N/R Resilient Gazer
<pvxbig> [build prof=Necromancer/Ranger Bloodm=12+1+3 Soulr=8+1 Wildernesss=10][Awaken the Blood][Melandru's Resilience][Blood Drinker][Angorodon's Gaze][Blood of the Aggressor][Troll Unguent][Blood Bond][Resurrection Signet][/build] </pvxbig>
Saw the basic idea in a build stub, loved it, am trying to make it more viable. Works decently in PvE and CM so far. Awesome against bonders since they don't get the benefits of Balthazar's Spirit versus lifestealing. Issue is sustained damage.
Postnerf, this still handles reasonably well thanks to the energy regen from Melandru's Resilience.
E/any Burning Trident
<pvxbig> [build prof=Elementalist/any Waterm=12+1+2 Energys=10+1 Firem=8+1][Water Attunement][Aura of Restoration][Glyph of Immolation][Water Trident][Steam][Icy Prism][Maelstrom][Glyph of Restoration][/build] </pvxbig>
Encompasses everything I want for FA:
- Knockdown for amber runners/kiters
- Steam for blinding and defense
- Icy Prism to shut down bonders' Blessed Signet and warriors' Healing Signet
- Maelstrom for interrupting gate NPCs
- Glyph of Restoration to heal
- If the opposing teams tend to be melee-heavy, consider Frigid Armor in place of Aura of Restoration.
- If the opposing teams tend toward bonders, take Gaze of Contempt.
- Is capable of clearing a mine, though if possible leave it to your teammates.
Currently energy is handled by not being a spamwhore. Vulnerable to denial, most likely.
P/E Searing Flames Spammer
<pvxbig> [build prof=Paragon/Elementalist Leadership=12+1+3 Firem=12 Command=3+1][Leader's Comfort][Fire Attunement][Searing Flames][Glowing Gaze][Glowing Signet]["Go for the Eyes!"][Glyph of Lesser Energy][Signet of Return][/build]
- Radiant/Blessed insignias on armor
- Insightful Fire Staff of Fortitude/Enchanting, or a weapon/offhand combo
- Usage should be apparent. Fire Attunement is not strictly necessary, but gives you more elbow room now that Glyph of Lesser Energy only reduces cost by 10 with 0 Energy Storage.
- "There's Nothing to Fear!" is a good option, as is "They're on Fire!".
- Intended as something less boring for my paragon to play in PvE.
Mo/any Annoying Bonder
<pvxbig> [build prof=Monk/any Divinef=12+1+1 Protectionp=10+1 Healingp=11+1 ][Aura of Faith][Signet of Rejuvenation][Dwayna's Kiss][Orison of Healing][Contemplation of Purity][Blessed Signet][Life Bond][Balthazar's Spirit][/build] </pvxbig>
Needs more Protective Spirit testing has shown. Probably in place of Orison since I tend not to get attacked much gate bonding anyway.