- I am a mathematician by trade, working in mostly Finite group theory and combinatorics, but occasionally I dabble in things like Graph Theory and algebraic topology as well.
- I have educational degrees in pure mathematics (MA), philosophy (BA), history (minor) and political science (minor). Suffice it to say that I have a wide range of interests.
- I was first published at the age of 20, as a 3rd year undergraduate.
- I play guild wars in my spare time and have been addicted to it for a long time.
- I'm engaged to be married this summer, as long as the Republic of Turkey cooperates with the paper-work.
- I have done just about everything there is to do in PvE (except maxing various titles) on at least 5 different characters of varying professions. Amazingly, I still enjoy the game and will continue to play it. See below for a list of my characters.
- I think PvE is full of asshats and trolls, but I try not to be one of them. Occasionally I fail at this. If I do, my apologies.
- I like helping out new people in GW and still occasionally farm charr in pre-searing for the uber hot grapes.
Builds I've Made
- There are a lot of builds on PvX, and most of the best ideas are already taken. Many of my builds are intended to give certain professions options which the general PvX community have ignored or dismissed as inferior. Some are just stupid ideas I had during a break from proving theorems. Read at your own risk.
Build: D/E Corrupting Clapper -- Probably trash, but causes a LOT of dazing.
Build:E/any_Ether_Air_Spiker -- Who'd have though armor penetration could actually make a noticable difference?
Build:Me/N Crying Hexer -- So far there are complaints against this for not being just another echoing cryer build. Come on people, when will you learn that 1 skill bars are stupid. Echoing things is OP. I wish Arcane Echo and Echo were never invented.
Build: Rt/R Spirit's Spiker -- Trashed so far for using communing rather than channeling... a choice meant to increase survivability and party support over simple minded damage.
Build: Rt/Mo Consuming Resto Rit -- People don't seem to understand that this one is for much more than getting rid of enemy minions.
Build:Team 600 - Mesmer/Smite Ooze Runner -- Really a better build for CoF than it is for ooze pit. Still functional in ooze pit, but not as good as some monk options.
Build: W/P Saving Rage-agon -- Like a paragon, but on a warrior with an axe.
Build: W/E Conjuring Striker -- A classic Axe build, mainly for heroes in PvE.
Link to My Signature Page -- Go here to get an idea of how to create a signature like mine. I put
into my custom signature box (in preferences) so that this is automatically my signature.