The LAME Para uses the elite skill Defensive Anthem, along with other offensive and defensive skills to aid the party with support and in spikes.
Attributes and Skills
<pvxbig> [build name="build:p/any lame para" prof=parag/any leader=12+1+1 spearm=9+1 command=9+1][spear of lightning][vicious attack][defensive anthem][go for the eyes][optional][anthem of flame][aggressive refrain][signet of return][/build] </pvxbig> Optional skills include:
- Fall Back
- Stand Your Ground
- Mirror of Disenchantment (Mesmer secondary is required)
- Brace Yourself (if your monks need more support)
- Make Haste (also for monk support)
- Remedy Signet if you're running this in a place without dedicated monks
- A Spear of Fortitude (vamp, zealous, sundering all work) (any inscription works too, I like "I Have the Power!" when running more high cost skills like fall back and stand your ground), and a Command Shield of Fortitude with the inscription of your choice (I like "Luck of the Draw")
- As soon as you load, use Anthem of Flame and Aggressive Refrain. As soon as Anthem goes down, put it back up again, and keep it up throughout the battle.
- Use Defensive Anthem just like you would Aegis (if you're running it with a teammate, be sure that you never overlap DA's).
- It is VERY important that you SPAM "Go For the Eyes!", to keep your energy up. With 14 Leadership, energy shouldn't be a problem, as long you are spamming your shouts and anthems.
- Aid your team in spikes using "Go For the Eyes!", Spear of Lightning, and Vicious Spear.
- Use your equipped optional skill as you feel a need to.
- Resurrect fallen allies with Signet of Return.
- Aside from the optional skills above, many teams prefer P/W's. In this case, take out go for the eyes entirely, and replace it with "Watch Yourself!". Replace the optional skill slot with "Shield's Up!". Dump all of your Command and place it into Tacics.
- P/Mo can also be helpful, with skills like Purge Signet, and even possibly non-attribute hex/condition removals.