About my Builds
As I'm my guild's main source of random build ideas (mainly for PvP, but some for PvE), I have a bunch of strange builds that I'm now going to store here, in my Sandbox. I'll include even a couple of notes about how to use the build, so anyone who likes these ideas can snag them for their use. These builds are supposed to be fun to use as well as actually useful. If you're not enjoying one of these builds, you aren't using it right. Go grab a different build. Sure, these builds are actually serious and can be used for actual play, but you NEED to have fun with them. Not enjoying your build is losing at Guild Wars. Brother Starr: Working to add more crazy to the meta.
Rt/any Spirit Bomb
<pvxbig> [build prof=Rt/any commun=10+1 channel=10+1 spawn=11+1+1][Soul Twisting][Anguished was][Bloodsong][Destruction][Rupture Soul][Draw Spirit][Optional][Optional][/build]
- Optional Slots: [[Dash], [[Boon of Creation@13], [[Explosive Growth@13], [[Doom@13], [[Painful Bond@11], [[Gaze from Beyond@11], etc.
- A ritualist capping build for AB.
- At the beginning of the battle, cast and maintain any enchantments, and cast a spirit to Soul Twist.
- Drop Destruction a little while away (within your casting range, but not the shrine's), and precast AwL.
- After about 20 seconds, run into the middle of the shrine, and activate your chain: Drop AwL -> Cast Bloodsong -> Use Rupture Soul on one of the spirits -> Cast Draw Spirit on Destruction -> Cast Soul Twisting on Destruction -> Cast damaging spells from your optionals -> Cast Rupture Soul on Pain.
- If things are still alive (and you are), recast a Spirit and then use Rupture Soul on it right away.
D/Mo Grenth Farms Grenth
<pvxbig> [build prof=D/Mo myst=12+1 scythe=12+1+1][Mystic Sweep][Eremite's Attack][Pious Haste][Mystic Vigor][Avatar of Grenth][Eternal Aura][Balthazar's Spirit][Essence Bond][/build] </pvxbig>
- A dervish smite crawler famer, using avatar of grenth for lifestealing to stay alive.
- Each hit nets you 42 health per enemy, or 126 health each time you attack.
- Do what normal smite farmers do when they're dervishes. Gogogo!
R/Mo Toxic Arrow
<pvxbig> [build prof=R/Any marks=10+1+1 wild=10+1 exp=11+1][Poison Arrow][Savage Shot][Distracting Shot][Barbed Arrows][Toxicity][Troll Unguent][Natural Stride][Resurrection Signet][/build] </pvxbig>
- Silly PvP Degen spamming - 8 degen to the entire enemy team, and you can't strip my conditions fast enough!
- Otherwise, functions like a normal ranger, but with more degen.
Mo/E GoR Selfless Smiter
<pvxbig> [build prof=Mo/E smiting=10+1+1 divine=12+1 prot=8+1][Reversal of Damage][Reversal of Fortune][Optional][Smite Hex][Smite Condition][Glyph of Renewal][Selfless Spirit (Luxon)][Smiter's Boon][/build]
- Optionals: [[Divine Boon@13], [[Castigation Signet@12], [[Shield Guardian@9], [[Guardian@9], [[Zealot's Fire@12], etc.
- A fun little PvE support smiter
- Spam the Reversal skills for healing, protection, and damage.
- Maintain Selfless Spirit and Smiter's Boon with Glyph of Renewal.
- Can be adapted for Heroes by switching Selfless Spirit for [[Divine Spirit@13], but requires micro-ing of Divine Spirit and GoR.
D/Me Sightless Sand Farmer
<pvxbig> [build prof=D/Me earthp=12+1+3 mysticism=12+1][Sand Shards][Signet of Midnight][Epidemic][Mirage Cloak][Mystic Regeneration][Armor of Sanctity][Mystic Sweep@0][Eremite's Attack@0][/build] </pvxbig>
- Another experimental farming build, this time exploting a fun little synergy - Sand Shards and Signet of Midnight.
- Set up Sand Shards, Mirage Cloak, Mystic Regeration, and Armor of Sanctity just before aggroing the enemy.
- Immediately use Signet of Midnight and Epidemic when a mob is within touch range.
- Spam your fast-attacking skills if you have energy, or just use basic attacks if you don't - each attack should deal 78 damage to all NEARBY foes, averaging 58.6 dps without using any attack skills, and much higher with them.
R/Me "Choke on This!"
<pvxbig> [build prof=D/Me wild=7+1 exp=8+1 mark=11+1+1 illu=10][Practiced Stance][Choking Gas][Frustration][Needling Shot][Optional][Troll Unguent][Antidote Signet][Resurrection Signet][/build] </pvxbig>
- A possible interrupt spammer with some extra kick provided by Frustration's bonus damage. Interrupting the monk and anyone around him every time you hit: Good. Slowing the monk's cast time and dealing extra damage if you interrupt him: Better.
- The optional can be anything you want - I recommend an energy management, survival, or enchantment removal skill, though a cover hex might be OK.
D/N Tainted Sanctity Tank
<pvxbig> [build prof=D/N earthp=12+1+1 scythe=11+1 death=6][Mystic Sweep][Eremite's Attack][Zealous Sweep][Tainted Flesh][Armor of Sanctity][Conviction][Mystic Regeneration][Sand Shards][/build]
- A silly little tank/farming build - 50% chance to block, 29 damage reduction, +24 armor, +12 regen, and weakness on everything.
- Mystic Sweep, Eremite's Attack, and Sand Shards add extra damage, and Tainted Flesh gives everything degen that functionally can't be removed (it'll just spread back).
- Zealous Sweep gives energy management, it can be swapped out for anything else, like [[Withering Aura@6].