A list of every bad skill which people and their builds should never use. Except maybe in niche/gimmick situations.
- Flare DPS of an axe auto-attack, and although it's ranged, the axe is free.
- Ice Spear Flare with half-range
- Repeating Strike Flare with melee range, blockable, and disables itself.
- Deadly Haste OK, this skill could be decent. Problem is, Anet put it in the Critical Strikes attribute which a true DA sin doesn't use.
- Elemental Flame You set them on fire for three seconds. That's flare damage, except conditional. Only possible use is *maybe* a Shatterstone/Steam chain, but GoI > that.
- Peace and Harmony Get a better healing elite. If you want energy management as a monk, take Glyph of Lesser Energy.
- Splinter Shot It's like a conditional, higher energy, Barrage.
- Mending It's Mending. No use outside 55-ing, really.
- Defy Pain Better tanking options exist for PvE, PvP tanking = Wammos = fail.
- Amity Underpowered, long recharge, and removed by wanding.
- Pacifism See Amity.
- Spirit Siphon Tiny energy gain.
- Energy Tap Energy gain is small, recharge and casting are too long.
- Xinrae's Weapon Energy and recharge is huge. Only useful against things like SF spike; even when knowing you're facing caster pressure teams people can just target swap.
- Symbols of Inspiration Duration is too short and effect is too restricted. There's better energy management.
- Scribe's Insight Same as Symbols of Inspiration
- Symbolic Celerity One of those skills nobody's heard of. People in general don't need signets to cast so fast (but 3/4 second Rez Sigs are good).
- Symbolic Posture It's Mantra of Signets and Mantra of Inscriptions together...However either one of those has a stronger effect than this.
- Persistence of Memory Ugly image. Mantra of Resolve > this, because you need to reuse the spell which takes additional time and energy.
I'll add more when I feel like it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-NC-SA 2.5 unless otherwise noted.