This build uses the almost unfair power of Arcane Thievery and Larceny, in addition to Smooth Criminal, to allow players to once again fight fendi with full power (and no SF during the fight) by stealing ALL of his spells. This build requires slightly more running skill than other builds and more attention to your party members than Snoway.
<pvxbig> [build prof=A/P ShadowArts=12+1+3 Command=12 CriticalStrikes=3][Shroud of Distress][Shadow Form][Mental Block][Unseen Fury][Shadow Sanctuary]["I Am Unstoppable!"]["Can't Touch This!"]["Fall Back!"][/build] </pvxbig>
Other optional skills are "We Shall Return" and "Never Surrender!"
<pvxbig> [build prof=A/N ShadowArts=12+1+3 Curses=12 CriticalStrikes=3][Shroud of Distress][Shadow Form][Dark Escape][Barbs][Rigor Mortis][Smooth Criminal]["I Am Unstoppable!"][Ebon Escape][/build] </pvxbig>
Rigor Mortis is used to help deal with Shield of Deflection more easily. Substitute it for w/e you want.
A/D Holy Sand Scythe
<pvxbig> [build prof=A/D ShadowArts=12+1+3 ScytheMastery=9 EarthPrayers=9 CriticalStrikes=3][Shroud of Distress][Shadow Form][Aura of Holy Might][Sand Shards][Zealous Sweep][Death's Retreat]["I Am Unstoppable!"][Smooth Criminal][/build] </pvxbig>
If you decide on bringing more than one A/Me skill drainer, you can take off Smooth Criminal for Asuran Scan which raises your damage above the 26 damage cap from Shadow Form.
Skills which MUST be substituted in on at least 1 char: 1 must use EBSOH, and 1 must use "Finish Him!" (can be left off, not reccommended)
Sand Daggers (Optional)
<pvxbig> [build prof=A/D ShadowArts=12+1+3 DaggerMastery=9 EarthPrayers=6 CriticalStrikes=7+1][Shroud of Distress][Shadow Form][Sand Shards][Golden Phoenix Strike][Critical Strike]["I Am Unstoppable!"][Smooth Criminal][Ebon Escape][/build] </pvxbig>
A/Me Spell Thief (optional, but very useful)
<pvxbig> [build prof=A/Me ShadowArts=12+1+3 InspirationMagic=9 DominationMagic=9 CriticalStrikes=3 DaggerMastery=1][Shroud of Distress][Shadow Form][Channeling][Arcane Larceny][Arcane Thievery]["I Am Unstoppable!"][Power Drain][Ebon Escape][/build] </pvxbig>
Despite the information on Guild wiki, one will find that the effects of Smooth Criminal, Arcane Larceny, and Arcane Thievery are to steal and disable skills. Through endless testing of this particular aspect, I and eleven others have determined that, while the steals of skills are random, it will NOT steal the same skill twice.
The energy management for this build is difficult and requires multiple weapon sets. Zealous daggers, a 20E staff, and a +15/-1 regen set will be required to run this with the highest safety in mind. Power drain any priests or whenever Fendi thinks he's going to get away with a cast. Shield of Deflection, shield of Absorption, and Chillblains are your greatest targets.
Equipment and Notes
- Zealous, Echanting Scythes/Daggers for EVERYONE.
- A running enchantment set be it 1h sword or axe and shield or a staff.
- A fighting weapon set unless you do not need to change.
3 successful runs have been done so far. If you have any complaints or disbeliefs, please kindly word them on the discussion page. This has allowed players to once again fight Fendi with 100s level damage.
- Shadow Form must be maintained throughout the dungeon when fighting anything other than a lone Cursed Brigand (disable him though because of Blinding Surge, and keep up IAU) or Fendi and his minions.
- During the fight with Fendi, just be wary of switches. When he is about to die and go into soul form (or his body form is about to come back), put SF back up so you can disable him and eliminate most of his minions. If your A/ME is really good, this won't even be necessary. If your group is struggling, use the regular Snoway tactics and use barbs to wear his health away to nothing.